Thursday, October 8, 2009

Obsessed

Exhilarating. That's the first word that came to mind after I watched this film. It has been a while since a movie has engaged me as much as Obsessed had. I won't tell you what it's all about. That will take the fun out of watching it.

Obsessed presents two kinds of love - one, nurturing, protecting, forgiving. The other, selfish, paranoid, obsessive. The movie, for me, is about the strength of a woman. I think Derek here was just a support, even perhaps a pawn. I really thought that he'd do something about Lisa but he didn't. It took Sharon, his wife, to stop the madness.

The movie depicts real life. There may be men who want to "protect" their marriage but are unable to do so, for reasons beyond me. And there are women who will do everything to get what they want.

The movie kept my heart pounding all throughout. It made me hate Lisa's character more and more as the story unfolds. Ali Larter is perfect for that part. Beyonce, too.

The choice of music wasn't annoying at all. It gave me goosebumps when it needed to. It built up the suspense.

The only things I didn't like were the lack of common sense in the ending. You'll know what I'm talking about when you watch the movie.

This is a movie you should drag your boyfriends or husbands to. They can learn a thing or two about it such as communication, honesty and courage.

Watch it and tell me what you think.

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned / Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails