Thursday, August 11, 2016

My Allergy-Friendly Lotion


Having chronic urticaria is very hard. I used to regard allergies as something trivial, something that one shouldn't worry about. It was only after I went through a horrible life-threatening experience with this condition that I understood the magnitude of it. I didn't realize how hard it is for people who have allergies to look for allergy-friendly food and toiletries until my doctor told me to change my lifestyle and use only allergy-friendly products. I am so glad I found most of them in Healthy Options. I already told you about the shampoo and conditioner I got. Today, let's talk about this wonderful lotion that has helped me through that ordeal.

This is the Alba Botanica Very Emollient Body Lotion. This is the original variant and is unscented, perfect for anyone with allergies. It has no harsh chemicals. I have very dry skin to start with and with the addition of steroids, my skin turned flaky. Even my hands were so rough and dry because of the steroids. I badly needed moisture.

I'm not going to lie. This lotion helped me a lot but it didn't stop the steroids from wreaking havoc on my skin. It did calm my skin down for a a few hours. I didn't want to reapply as it has a thick consistency. Would I buy this lotion again? Definitely. I am currently using the Cetaphil lotion as prescribed by my doctor but I think I will go back to this lotion once I finish up the Cetaphil. I want to see how good it is without the steroids competing against it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails