Saturday, August 22, 2015

My Shampoo Routine

I haven't given my hair much thought growing up. I've always been satisfied with it. However, after giving birth, I've experienced all sorts of problems. My hair became dry, my scalp became dry. Then there's hair fall and allergies. These problems got me thinking. It's time to change my hair care routine.

Let's start with the shampoo. I use OGX shampoos because they are organic. Here's the current one I use.

Photo courtesy of OGX website


I make sure to get my hair wet thoroughly before I apply shampoo. It might also be tempting to put a lot of shampoo to get that oh-so-wonderful bubbly feel but the recommended amount is as big as a 5-peso coin. 

I also try to switch shampoos every 2 weeks. I've already tried the Keratin shampoo and conditioner from OGX. They were great for a while but then I think I got allergic to keratin and I ended up with an itchy scalp. 

Because of this, I decided to buy a clarifying shampoo:

Photo courtesy of Avalon Organics website

This shampoo feels great on my scalp. I use it twice a week. That seems to calm my scalp down. Also, I concentrate on the roots and then I rinse my hair with cold water. Even when we are staying in a hotel and there's an abundance of hot water, I make sure to wash my hair with cold water to avoid breakage. I also don't pile my hair up when I shampoo as that makes a tangled mess. I shampoo like I apply conditioner, with my hair hanging straight out on my back. 

I plan to buy more OGX and Avalon hair products, I will feature them here so wait for that!





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails