Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Maybelline Diamond Glow Eye Shadow

I went on a make up shopping spree at Maybelline Watson's Greenbelt. They were on sale at 20% off. I have sensitive skin and I am especially particular about eye make up as my eyes are crazy sensitive. I was at first hesitant to buy Maybelline products as the lipstick that I bought at Mercury Powerplant gave me very dry lips and a dry throat when the lipstick was supposed to be the moisture plus variant. But the very nice sales associate, Nerissa, convinced me to try just one lipstick. It turned out great (maybe the lipstick at Mercury was an old stock?) and so I decided to take advantage of the sale and bought some stuff for me and a lipstick for mom. I will make a review of each one, don't worry.
Here is the Maybelline Diamond Glow by EYESTUDIO eye shadow in copper brown. I've been looking for an earth toned eye shadow set forever but couldn't find one . I don't like bringing too much in my make up bag so those potted ones don't work for me. I was able to find one from Ever Bilena but it's too orangey for me. This has exactly the shades that I've been looking for.
I won't show you swatches as I have acidic skin and the colors don't come out the same. But what I can say about this product is, number one, and the most important - it's sensitive skin (and eyes) friendly. I haven't had an allergy for the 2 weeks that I've been using this. The colors also last for about 5 hours (when indoors). I don't apply much and by lunchtime, I still have some color on. I can choose not to retouch. But after about 7-8 hours, the colors aren't that intense anymore so you have to retouch. I have normal skin.

The applicators are also great. On one end is a brush type and on the other is sponge type. I don't like using the applicators that come in makeup sets but I find this very useful. Now I don't bring along my long brushes anymore. The sponge end is sturdy enough to be used to line the eyes. I don't like using pencils and so this comes in very handy for me.

It also has a makeup how-to guide at the back that is useful for a daytime look. This costs P499 but I got it for P399 and I am very satisfied with this. I will try the other colors once budget permits. = )

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails