Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Haul-over Wednesday

Happy Wednesday everyone! Today I was finally able to stay in one place and do some backlog work. I am very busy, period. So, blogging is a welcome respite. Some of the other posts were scheduled ones and this Haul-over Wednesday post is well, live? Hahaha!

This is a haul that I did some weeks ago.

nyx palettes, by bitsandtreats


This is the first time that I’ve tried NYX eyeshadows. I think the only NYX products that I’ve tried are the Grinding Blush and the Mood Gloss.

catwalk and i dream of st. lucia, by bitsandtreats

The palette on top is from the Runway Collection. It’s palette 04 which is Catwalk. It has 10 neutral shades (I said I’m swearing off neutrals). I bought it in spite of my limit on neutrals because I was intrigued. That’s all. Oh, and the colors are great to use on my number 1 client – mom.

Pigmentation is so-so. I need to dab my brush several times to get the color and intensity that I want. But I was very surprised with the texture. The shadows are very smooth, almost cream-like.

The colorful palette is from The Carribean Collection and this is number 09, I Dream of St. Lucia. I really want to collect all the palettes in this “I Dream” Collection ever since I saw a review on them by a MUA on youtube.

This is great for normal, everyday use meaning you’re just doing your usual thing and no parties or occasions to attend to. The texture is the same although pigmentation is better. I’ve only used yellow and pink in this palette and so far I’m satisfied. I used Benefit’s Lemon Aid as a base.

When I have the time, I will make fun EOTD’s using the St. Lucia palette. I rarely use the neutral palette as I have the NAKED palette for my everyday wear. I use this neutral palette on my mom and best friend whenever we have bazaars. You have to re-touch in the middle of the day when you use these shadows but it really isn’t a bother. I like re-touching makeup on other people’s faces. Teehee.. For their price, I’m satisfied. I’d give these palettes a 7 out of 10.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried NYX products before but I want too, esp. their eyeshadows. Oh, and the lippies too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard great things about the Nyx shadows but then, maybe the price is a huge factor. :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails