Monday, July 22, 2013

The Body Shop Savon Mangue

IMG_5869

I have a love-hate relationship with this soap. I’ve been using it for over 2 weeks now. It has some good points and bad points.

I already said that I am partial to the scent of local mangoes so it’s no surprise that I didn’t like the smell of this soap. At first it reminded me of calamansi (calamondin) then sometimes it smells like a tea bag to me. It has that sour note that sometimes annoys me.

As I have small hands, this soap kept slipping when it was still new. Now it’s small enough to fit in my hands.

I like the fact that this does not melt easily. Some soaps only last for a week. This is good value for Php195.

For a bar soap, I was surprised with its moisturizing powers. It didn’t cure my dry skin but I can clearly tell that it was a bit moisturized. This soap didn’t make my skin itch even without lotion. I haven’t been applying lotion as I’m always at home and I couldn’t take the heat. Plus I can’t apply lotion on my arms as my son sometimes bites/sucks on them.

I also have the strawberry variant of this soap. I hope that smells better. If it does, it will probably be a staple in our bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails