Monday, December 13, 2010

Fruity Shine

I am terribly, terribly busy these days. I haven’t had a good night’s sleep since Friday. There are just too many things to do, too many places to go to, too many people to meet, too many gifts to wrap. I am very thankful that I found the time to sit down and write today. I will posting a lot of backlogs as they’re piling up in my hard drive.

This is the Nivea Fruity Shine Strawberry Lip Balm:

nivea fruity shine strawberry tube, by bitsandtreats

I can’t resist Nivea’s packaging. They’re so pretty! This is a new packaging. The top is slanted, not flat but the balm inside is still round:

nivea fruity shine strawberry lip balm, by bitsandtreats

I’ve been using this for a month now and as with the Angel Star, I am very satisfied. I just can’t stand the smell. It’s too strawberry sweet! I don’t like very sweet scents. It’s funny though, the taste is just mild.

Here are swatches:

nivea fruity shine strawberry lip balm swatch, by bitsandtreats



nivea fruity shine strawberry lip balm lip swatch, by bitsandtreats


I like using this on days when I’m too lazy to apply lipstick or when I’m just running errands. The tiny sparkles add a bit of shine so it looks like I’m still wearing a bit of lipstick.  As with all my Nivea lip products, this doesn’t work well on very dry lips. Right now, it’s cold and my lips are chapped in spite of several layers of Angel Star lip balm.

I love using the strawberry lip balm as a base for red lipsticks. It leaves a pretty red stain  after the lipstick has been wiped off. It also allows for a smoother application of red lipstick. I don’t end up with patches of red. One tip that I’ve learned from the Sephora Beauty Book, do not apply red lipstick on chapped/dry/peeling lips as it will be emphasized.

It’s SPF 10, not much, I know and it says it protects against UVA and UVB rays. It costs Php84 at Watsons.

3 comments:

  1. @Kitten kung pumuti ako, ibig sabihin effective si Belo soap? I tried it kasi, one bar lang. Ma post nga.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I think so, pumuti ka eh. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails