Monday, September 20, 2010

Cheap Beauty Finds

I like to scour Watsons and the health and beauty section of the Landmark every chance I get. I also like wandering around Saizen. I like discovering new things. The first two have been with me for ages now but it’s only recently that I got to use the first one:

fanny serrano by f21 cosmetics eyelash curler refillFanny Serrano Eyelash Curler Refills 

pumice sponge, by bitsandtreats 
Pumice Sponge

I’ve had a bad experience with the Fanny Serrano Eyelash Curler so I didn’t have high expectations for the refills. I bought one because ELF does not sell refills. So far, it does its job well. I think the real problem was the curler itself. For the price of Php45, I’m not complaining. It’s a bit too small for the ELF curler though in terms of length but it’s okay. It’s still usable.

The pumice sponge on the other hand is something that I’m very happy to have as I can get OC with these things. I got impatient and annoyed with my first pumice stone as I couldn’t tell if it was time to replace it. The moment came when it cracked. This pumice sponge however, gets smaller every time I use it. It’s also easier to clean. If bits of foot scrub get stuck in the sponge, I just scrape the sponge with a knife or a pair of scissors and it’s clean again. This costs Php50 at Landmark.

saizen princess eye mask in pack, by bitsandtreats Saizen Princess Eye Mask

saizen princess eye mask, by bitsandtreats

This third one is one of the pretty finds I mentioned in my Saizen spree post. The other pretty find deserves a post of its own so please be patient about that.

I’ve been looking for a cheap eye mask for quite some time now.  I’m very photo (light) sensitive and it’s hard for me to sleep while the lights are still on. I’ve seen cute ones from Tickles but they’re too expensive for me. This one from Saizen is only Php85 and suits me just fine. The problem is, in all the times that I’ve used this, I’ve had nightmares too! (yikes!) And not just ordinary nightmares. Nightmares that wake me up in a cold sweat. So now, I’m quite scared to use this again.

What are your cheap beauty finds lately?

2 comments:

  1. I am actually looking for eye masks as well, the one at hello kitty is too pricey for a eye mask around P300+, same as tickles. The eye mask at saizen seems too lacey, parang itchy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thought it was itchy too pero ok naman siya nung sinuot ko. medyo may prob lang ako with the cloth itself. Parang ang bilis alikabukin. it's full of cat hair na. haha!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails