Friday, November 26, 2010

Bearberry Yogurt

It’s not something that you eat. This is food for your face. This is the second mask that I’ve tried. Unfortunately, it didn’t work out as great as the Montagne Jeunesse.

avon naturals bearberry yoghurt facial mask, by bitsandtreats

At least it’s cheaper. Got this for Php79, I think. It was on promo. Got it from my favorite Avon Lady. The regular price is around Php112.

avon naturals bearberry facial mask, by bitsandtreats

Packaging is like The Face Shop’s masks. There are four packs in a set. I just hate the fact that I couldn’t open it on my own. I had to ask MB to peel off the top and even he got pissed. On my second use, I just got a cutter because MB was not around.

One pack is good for 2 applications or 1 lavish application. I prefer the one lavish application so that I wouldn’t be troubled with the leftovers.

avon bearberry facial mask, by bitsandtreats


I apply this all over my face and neck area. Leave for 10 minutes. It promises to whiten your skin. It didn’t whiten my face. It just brightened it up a bit… and made it itch. On my first use, I thought that my face was just adjusting. I applied Celeteque moisturizer to ease the itchiness. On my second application, I immediately applied Celeteque after I washed the mask off and I still had a few rashes so that’s when I decided to stop. I think the trouble were the beads. The two unopened packs will be added to my giveaway.

This mask is not for sensitive skin but I think it will work fine on normal skin. My face was soft until morning. It was a bit oily but that’s probably because of the Celeteque or the combination of both.

The scent is nice. It smelled like strawberries. I’m not familiar with bearberries but a quick Google gave me this:

“Bearberry extract is reputed to have antibacterial and antioxidant properties that may be beneficial for cleansing the skin and improving its appearance.”

It’s not bad to give this a try especially if you have an Avon lady handy. Just wait for the promo so in case it doesn’t work out for you, at least you didn’t pay full price. More masks soon!

2 comments:

  1. i wish masks would also fit on men's faces which are slightly enlarged. or else i would be disheartened as to why they have sizes on anti-reproduction latex but not on facial masks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, there's a line of face masks for men at The Face Shop!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails