Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Acerola

The Face Shop Herb Day Acerola Facial Wash, by bitsandtreats

I got intrigued with The Face Shop line of facial washes after using the Mung Bean facial wash. This Acerola facial wash is also a keeper. I started using this in December and stopped in January just because I switched to the Clinique 3-Step System but in the duration of my usage of this product, I was very satisfied.

What are its merits? Number one, the price. It’s very affordable at only Php200+ at any TFS store.  It also lasts a long time so your 200 pesos goes a long, long way.

The scent is lovely. At first I thought Acerola is aratilis but a quick Googling proved me wrong. Acerola is actually like a cherry. It is native in the Americas but is also cultivated in some of our Asian neighbors. So why would  they use acerola in a facial wash? Acerola has very high vitamin C content and other nutrients. And we all know that vitamin C is good for our bodies in and out. It’s a very good anti-oxidant.

After using this, I am left with a brighter face. My cheeks are also softer and I can definitely feel that my face is clean. It doesn’t make my skin oily after several hours. When used with a good moisturizer, the effects can be long-lasting.

After several weeks of using the Clinique 3-Step System, I tried using this facial wash again. Sadly, I ended up with rashes as my skin dried up. I think I developed sensitivity to this product. My skin is really like that. Now, I’m scared to use any other facial wash aside from Clinique.

For ladies who are looking for a good, affordable facial wash, I recommend you try either the Mung Bean or Acerola TFS facial wash. While you’re at it, why not try both and see what works best for your skin.

9 comments:

  1. the clinique 3 step is good! it worked for me, this product looks interesting though, will add this one in my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last year nagtake ako ng Acerola Vit C from AMWAY and I thought it's aratilis hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohhh.. This is next on my list after I finish my other facial washes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kitten: I think this is good for oily skin too. Try mo then let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ahne: Eh mukha naman talaga siyang aratilis di ba?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Michelle: If you do try this out, blog about it okay?

    ReplyDelete
  7. i was half-shocked, iba yung pagbasa ko sa title ng blog na to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. isn't that alatiris is also a kind of cherry?

    ReplyDelete
  9. @cafemobility: parang alam ko kung pano mo binasa!

    aratilis. buloy! no idea. basta alam ko masarap siya

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails