Thursday, March 24, 2011

Slick in the City

It’s summer and you can start feeling the heat already. I go out almost every day so I need to be protected. I found 3 products to help me with that:

clinique city block sheer spf25, by bitsandtreats


neutrogena fine fairness brightening uv moisture and ultra sheer dry-touch sunblock


Let’s start with the Clinique City Block Sheer:

clinique city block sheer sunbolck, by bitsandtreats

I got this in December at Rustan’s Makati for Php1,450 . It’s pricey but you only need a small amount plus it doubles as a makeup base as it’s tinted. It’s SPF25. There’s another variant in a higher SPF but I didn’t go for that because of my sensitive skin.

It looks like this:

clinique city block swatch, by bitsandtreats


It really goes on sheer:

clinique city block on hand, by bitsandtreats


I used this until early March. Why did I stop? One day I noticed that I looked ashy. It couldn’t be because of the other products that I was using as I’ve been using them for a long time already. I also thought about the Clinique foundation (reviews coming) but didn’t believe it as Baby swatched it on my cheek before picking the best shade. Aside from that, the foundation is one shade lighter as I’m acidic. One day I  forgot to use this sunblock and found out that it was the culprit! I gave it to my mom and so far she has no complaints.

This is a really good product but it just didn’t suit my skin. The SPF is good, it doesn’t make my skin oily, it doesn’t make my skin itch and the tube packaging is great. You can control the product very well. The only glitch is you have to shake this before using as the oils separate from the product. I have no idea why it does that. It’s ironic because on the box it says “oil-free daily face protector”. On my first try, I squirted oil all over my hand.

It protects you from UVA and UVB. It’s also antioxidant-enriched and is appropriate for the eye area and sensitive skin as it’s allergy tested.
Stay tuned for Part 2 of this review

4 comments:

  1. I use the City Block Sheer (tester) =)) I love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's getting so hot na nga. I need to use more products that will protect my skin. Thanks for this review! :)

    I gave you an award, btw :D
    http://ayanagrace.blogspot.com/2011/02/stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it's bad, but I never liked using sunblock. Looking forward for part 2

    ReplyDelete
  4. i need sunblock too but but can't afford..lol

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails