Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Gentle Face Scrub For My Sensitive Skin

You all know how much I like the St. Ives Apricot Scrub. Well, that is until I used this product:

st. ives moisturizing olive scrub, by bitsandtreats St. Ives Moisturizing Olive Scrub

Let’s start with the packaging. I love how the tube has a tiny opening so that I can control the amount of product I squeeze out. The hole is smaller than the Apricot Scrub’s tube.

I love the green shade of the product (well, of course, it’s an olive scrub after all!). The beads are bigger than the Apricot Scrub but they are smoother and gentler. They don’t hurt at all. Well, that is if you don’t rub them in.

I’m not a big fan of the scent though. I like the smell of olives but this smells weird. I can forgive that because this is such a great product! It leaves my face soft and moisturized. The scent is still better than HHN’s face scrub so that’s a plus.

Sometimes I get too lazy to apply moisturizer after I use this scrub. Not to worry though. I still have soft skin in the morning when I wake up. But I don’t make that a habit. I still try to ‘remember’ to apply moisturizer after every scrub.

It successfully removes deep seated dirt in my face and also scrubs off blemishes. The pimples from my Pond’s breakout are almost healed thanks to this olive scrub and a few other products. If you have sensitive skin like I do, just apply this carefully all over your face then gently scrub. Do not, and I mean, DO NOT scrub hard and deep and DO NOT let this product linger on your face. It will cause your skin to become itchy and eventually break out. I don’t let it exceed 1 minute on my face.

As you can see from the Preview issue above, I bought this product on the first week of August. I usually wait until a month before I write about a product but this olive scrub exceeded my expectations.

I use this scrub about 2-3x per week depending on my skin’s condition. If you have oily skin, this might probably not be good for you because of the after effects. It has olive oil and it might cause you to oil up even more. It’s great for normal to dry skin.

This is also easier to rinse off than the apricot scrub, probably because of the bigger beads. I hated it when the apricot beads got stuck in my hair and behind my ears.

The St. Ives Moisturizing Olive Scrub costs Php250 and is available at The Landmark and Beauty by SM.

Right now, this is my HG Face Scrub.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails