Tuesday, June 22, 2010

St. Ives Apricot Scrub - Revisited


Darn blogger...

Anyway, I used to fool around with my mom's St. Ives Apricot Scrub when I was a kid. I was fascinated with the beads. I tried it when I was a teenager and found it to be very expensive. I was on a student's salary and I really don't like bothering my mom for toiletries. Clothes, bags, shoes, tuition, yes but makeup and cosmetics, no.

I recently tried this new brightening formula of the same scrub. I've been wanting to try it for several months now but was too scared because of my recently turned sensitive skin. I'm glad I did. It really is one of the best facial scrubs out there! 

It didn't harm my sensitive skin. It gives me that brightening effect right after scrubbing and even days after. I even used this on the rashes on my cheek (but very gently) and some of them dried up. 

I guess the trick for sensitive skin is not scrubbing hard. I scrub gently, in a circular motion then rinse immediately. I don't let it linger on my face for more than 2 minutes. Be sure to rinse thoroughly as the beads can be quite a pain to remove. It's great for 'deep cleansing' your nose too!

It's a little less than Php200 and you can buy it at Watson's, Beauty or Landmark Supermarket. I will definitely repurchase!


3 comments:

  1. Good for you dear. :3

    My sister has this. I think I'll give it a try later. :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using St.Ives brightening apricot scrub for more than half a year now and I don't see any noticeable changes in my skin :( Lucky you, you must be "hiyang" with this product. Still using it anyway, just finishing the tube and still hoping for improvements. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tin, I'm now using the Olive scrub. I think it's better. It's more gentle on my skin. You might want to try it after you finish your apricot tube. = )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails