Friday, June 4, 2010

Myra Vita Glow Tinted Facial Moisturizer


This product has its merits - for other people perhaps. Unfortunately, Myra Vita Glow didn't work out for me.  There are two shades - Ivory and Beige (if I'm not mistaken). I chose Ivory for the obvious reason that it's lighter and therefore friendly to my acidic skin. It turns out, it's too light for my skin tone. But, after a few minutes, it blended well into my original color. (Whoa, is my skin that acidic?) 

I use this as a makeup base. I still use my Garnier moisturizer prior to application. Myra is quite hard to apply on my face though. I use a sponge and it takes a lot of light rubbing and massaging for it to be absorbed by my skin. Also, the moisturizer has a bit of sparkle/glitter in it. I think that's where the 'VITA GLOW' comes from. I don't like the fact that it makes me look like a wannabe Cullen. Yeah, the glitters are big enough for you to see on a regular mirror. 

My makeup also doesn't stay on for long. It glides off. I have to retouch my makeup when I get to the office. It also makes my T-zone oily. The 'glow' also doesn't last for long. 

I gave this to my mom and so far she has no complaints about it but I'm also not sure if she has already tried it. She has acidic skin too so the shade won't be a problem. 

The good thing about this product is it's gentle on my sensitive skin. It doesn't have any weird smell and is very affordable for only P135 for that tube. I think it only comes in one size. That's all I've seen in SM and at Watsons. I also like the fact that it has SPF 15. It's great for people who don't like applying sticky sunblock on their face. 

I'm going back to my TFS makeup base and foundation. But if you're looking for an everyday foundation/moisturizer/sunblock rolled into one that's affordable, I suggest you give Myra Vita Glow Tinted Facial Moisturizer a try. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails