Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Garnier is Hit and Miss

Most of the products I bought from Garnier suit my skin well. I don't have any complaints. I guess it's pretty obvious with the amount of Garnier products I've reviewed here. But now, we have a miss.

Introducing Garnier Light Complete Multi-Action Whitening Cream

I prefer to apply whitening moisturizers in the morning to keep my acidic skin in check. I've used this other Garnier product for quite some time now with above average results. This other product, however, was a disappointment. 

First of all, it's too thick. Well, that may be a given because it's cream based. But I checked the other product and the packaging also says cream but it's lighter and thinner. It would have been okay had it had the texture of body butter but it didn't. It was reminiscent of Pond's old whitening creams. Because it's thick, you can expect it to be heavy on your face. Add to the fact that it's sweltering summer here so that can get pretty uncomfortable and downright annoying. My mom doesn't like the texture either. She said it's too thick and cakey plus she developed some spots. 

My makeup doesn't stay on for long. My nose and forehead also get oilier than usual upon arriving in the office. The irony of it all is, it says 'New Oil-Trapping Formula, 6-Hr Shine-Free Look' on the package.

Sometimes my face itches when I sweat. I guess it can make your face quite sticky if you're out in the sun for too long. 

As for the anti-dullness, anti-dark spots and anti-acne marks claim, I didn't feel/notice any of it. My marks are still there, the dark spots are still there. And mom developed spots.

In spite of the above, I still managed to finish this sachet which I used for 2 weeks. I don't want to waste money even if this sachet only costs Php10.

I'll be going back to my old Garnier moisturizer. If you want to try this out, you can purchase this at Watsons or Beauty by SM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails