Thursday, August 19, 2010

Maybe it’s Maybelline

I’ve only been using the Etude House Tea Time Makeup Remover and it stings my eyes so bad that they tear up every time I remove makeup. So, I decided to try Maybelline’s Eye & Lip Makeup Remover.

maybelline eye & lip makeup remover, by bitsandtreats 
For Php99, this product is great! I just apply a small amount to a cotton pad, press it gently on my eyes and eye lashes then they’re all clean. It effectively removes my Magnum mascara (well, it should!) but it doesn’t do a very nice job of removing all traces of my Ever Bilena black eye liner. I don’t apply liner everyday and sometimes, when I wake up in the morning, I can still see some very faded lines on my lids. That’s okay as my cleansers can remove the tiny leftover traces.

I’ve tried using this to remove the makeup on my face. It’s good but I think it’s just too wasteful. I still use my EH makeup remover on the rest of my face.

I like the fact that this product doesn’t sting my eyes. I’m so glad they thought about putting ‘opthalmologically and dermatologically tested’ on the bottle (which I’ve only seen now). It doesn’t sting but it does make my vision blurred and cloudy for a few minutes. When I first experienced this, I panicked and washed my eyes with running water to no avail. Since it didn’t hurt nor itch, I just continued to observe. I’ve learned to just wait it out and blink a lot when this happens.

I only have 1/4 left of this product. I’ve been using this for a month now. I wanted to buy the bigger bottle last Sunday but got the EH Lip & Eye Makeup Remover instead as I wanted to try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails