Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Garnier Body Light


I love using whitening lotions, not to lighten my skin but because of their 'lightness' on my skin. Whitening lotions have a thinner consistency compared to regular lotions, well in my experience, that is. There may be some whitening lotions out there that are thick that I do not know of. 

Whitening lotions are a must-have for me during summer because I can't stand feeling sticky and oily in the heat. With Garnier Body Light, I still feel somewhat sticky (when at home where there's no A/C) but nothing a good dousing of water can't fix. 

I also like the fact that this is a whitening hydrating UV lotion. I don't like putting sunblock because I hate the feeling afterwards so I just look for products that have UV protection. 

I can't vouch for the lightening effect of this lotion. I didn't observe my skin but I think it became somewhat lighter and even toned after a few weeks of usage. 

This lotion does not make me itch even when I sweat. Some lotions do. This doesn't give me allergies nor rashes. The scent is just right, not overpowering. You can easily cover it up with your favorite perfume. 

It's quite expensive for a 150 ml bottle. It costs P149.75 at Watsons. I bought the small size so that I can test it out first. So far, I'm very pleased with it. The bottle is now only 1/3 full. I'm planning to buy the other Garnier lotion after I empty this. My dilemma is, I still have a few more bottles of lotions from gifts given to me last Christmas but some of them are thick and not summer appropriate. Is that an excuse to buy more?

I'd take this over Vaseline's whitening lotion anytime if I want a whitening effect. I've been using Vaseline for years now but I didn't see any effects. I only continued to use it because it's very light. I also don't like the fact that Vaseline dries out my skin. I still 'shed' no matter how much lotion I slather on. So now I say goodbye to Vaseline. 

So if you're looking for a whitening lotion that does not compromise softness and smoothness, I'd recommend Garnier Body Light. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails