Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My New Favorite Foundation

If you're a follower of this blog, you'd know that lately I've been pretty obsessed with ELF makeup. In addition to my growing collection, I recently purchased this:


I've been using this for about two weeks now and I can say that I'm in love with it! I did not get any allergies, rashes, redness or itchiness. It doesn't make my acidic skin look dark. 

The packaging is quite nice. Classic round powder compact.



It has two compartments. The top houses the foundation while the bottom houses the sponge. To open, just press the center button.








It lasts for a reasonable amount of time. I don't know if it will last long on an oily face. You can use this wet or dry. The box says if you want a sheer coverage, use wet. If you want a matte finish, apply dry. I apply this dry and it gives me a nice, clean, smooth matte finish. Even my officemate uses this and after walking in the sun on the way to the office, her face still looks perfect. And she walks quite a distance in this awful summer heat. 

The sponge applicator is nice. It doesn't crumble and doesn't get deformed easily. I like the fact that they separated the sponge from the foundation. The bottom of the compact has holes so that if you wet the sponge, it will dry up over time, though I wouldn't recommend keeping a wet sponge. Bacteria will breed on it. Better to air dry it or use another sponge for wet applications.

The only thing that irks me is that tiny plastic lift you see in the middle of the closure. You lift that up to get the sponge underneath. Now it's not very easy to lift that. You will need a long nail to do that and in the process, you will chip the foundation. It's quite tricky to lift that without ruining the foundation especially on the first few times that you use this. Mine has gotten pretty loose so now it's easier. Sure you can flip the whole thing over but there's the danger of dropping the sponge.

The compact costs P249.75 at Beauty by SM. Even with that small bothersome detail, I'd still buy this again. This shade is beige, by the way. What's your favorite SPF foundation?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails