Saturday, September 22, 2012

NARS Maui and Palm Beach

This is another NARS product that I found while searching for the elusive NARS Hanamichi brush. I found this on the back drawer of one of my Muji organizers. It’s a blush and bronzer duo. This is a product I bought from a friend. It stinks of moth balls. Actually this one and a few more makeup that I got from her. I didn’t have the heart to give them back to her and get my money back. When I found this, the palette itself was very sticky. This is the first time that one of my NARS palettes became sticky. This palette was kept with another NARS palette that didn’t turn sticky. I don’t know if it is because of the moth ball exposure or what. I tried cleaning the palette with tissue then with wet wipes then with alcohol. The alcohol did the job but it also made the palette ugly so I decided to depot it and throw away the palette. Sob.. I don’t like throwing out palettes especially beautiful ones. 

nars maui and palmbeach, bitsandtreats

They still smell a bit like moth balls, no matter what I do. I tried ‘bathing’ them in alcohol and airing them out to no avail. I still use them though from time to time.

Here are swatches:

nars maui and palm beach swatches, bitsandtreats

As you can see, Palm Beach is too dark for me so I don’t use it. I used it a few times before just around my hairline and my neck. These are both cream-based. I think Palm Beach will look fabulous on tanned skin on the beach. It shimmers, giving the wearer a beautiful glow.

Maui is a nice blush you can wear every day. Now, to figure out a way to store these two pans…


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails