Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Charm Holiday Brush Set


I know this post is a bit late. But let me give you my 2-cents worth. This is my first makeup brush set. I'm not fond of eye shadows before. My regular makeup routine is foundation + blush + lip balm + lipstick. Then out the door. If you've been following my blog, you'd know that I recently purchased a few makeup palettes. You can read about them here and here. And with new palettes, comes new and proper brushes. 

This set costs only Php950 plus Php70 shipping within Metro Manila. 

From left to right:
Powder brush
Blush brush
Crease blending brush
Eyeshadow brush
Concealer brush
Pointed liner brush
Angled brow liner brush
Lip brush

I like the powder brush but not as much as my Ellana kabuki brush. It doesn't give enough coverage plus it's not as soft as Ellana's. But I still use this everyday to apply my mineral foundation so that I wouldn't have to get my makeup kit out of my bag. Just control your application as sometimes the product gets concentrated on only one area. And be sure to swirl and tap.

The blush brush is great for the apples of my cheek. I also use this to apply bronzer on the sides of my face up to my temples, on the bridge of my nose and my cheek bones.

I usually bring the crease blending brush to the office. The size is just right for my makeup kit. It's really nice to use on my crease. It distributes the eye shadow evenly and doesn't hurt my skin. It also highlights that outside V.

The eyeshadow brush is another great tool. I also bring this to the office for quick touch-ups. The size is just right for my eyes. 

I use the concealer brush to apply, what else? Concealer! It's great to use with the Ellana mineral concealers. It's small enough and gentle enough for the sensitive under eye area. 

Hmmm.. I don't use the pointed liner brush much. I think I've used this only a couple of times to apply some shadow in my inner eye and waterline.

The angled brush is something I would recommend to newbies. It helps me a lot with my eye liners. I used it to smudge the liquid liner I applied on Cathy's lids. I use it to smudge and define my eye liner everyday. It's also a nice tool to make that wing at the end of the eye. I also use it to "fix" my eyebrows to fill in some spaces.

I think the lip brush is the only thing that I don't like in this bunch. I still use it though. In my opinion, it's too thin. I'd love to have more coverage especially because I use this to apply my Ilog Maria lip balm. It's such a hassle to spend so much time applying lip balm or lipstick. 

It comes in a pouch like this:


My pouch is quite dirty as I just finished playing with the brushes when I took this photo. The brushes are placed inside while you can put some small things in the zippered section.


Another thing that I don't like about this transaction was the Php70 shipping charge. Xend only charges P50 for Metro Manila deliveries. Maybe the extra P20 was for insurance? I sure hope so. 

Anyway, this is a good buy especially for a newbie like me. I'm currently lemming and waiting for this.  It will probably be out in the middle of the year or before Christmas. It's quite expensive though. Anyway, if you want the Charm Holiday Brush Set, you can purchase it here


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails