Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sephora Lipstick Palette

sephora lip palette, bitsandtreats

If I’m not mistaken, this is the special edition Sephora Lipstick Palette that they produced to support the fight against breast cancer. We carried several palettes at Hyphen and of course, I took the last one.

sephora special ed lip palette, bitsand treats

I only use this palette when I travel. It’s very convenient to bring in my purse as it’s small and light. It has 8 shades, a brush and a big mirror. It beats bringing several tubes of lipstick. When I travel, I like to have my complete makeup arsenal but who says they have to be big, bulky and heavy? Palettes are always my travel companions.

Here are swatches:

sephora lipstick swatches, bitsandtreats

sephora lipstick swatches2, bitsandtreats

sephora lipstick swatches3, bitsandtreats

I never realized how pretty they look, especially the red one, until I processed the photos. When I took the shots they look ordinary to me but they really look pretty here.

These are not exactly long-wearing lipsticks but they last for a good amount of time. They’re non-drying but I still apply a coat of lip balm underneath.

I also like the fact that I can use my finger to apply them when I’m in a hurry. I’ve used all except 3 – the red one (which I now regret), the dark, almost brown shade 2nd to the last and the last one which is white in the palette but is actually just a shimmery gloss.

This palette will last you from day to night. If you can find a lipstick palette, buy it. It will be very useful on your vanity and when you travel. We’ve got several trips lined up this year and I’m hoping to use this palette more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails