Friday, January 18, 2013

VS Camouflage FX Concealer Palette

I am slowly catching up with my backlog posts. I’m down with the flu but I’m really inspired to blog. I spent the morning taking photos of the products that I will blog. Hopefully I can get them all done today.

Here’s a concealer palette that’s been sitting on my vanity, waiting to be featured in my blog:

vs pro concealer palette, bitsandtreats

It’s made in the US by Victoria’s Secret. We carried this at Hyphen and this is the last palette. Apparently, this is what the makeup artists use backstage for the VS Fashion Show. You can mix the shades to create a custom shade.

vs concealer palette, bitsandtreats

It features 3 concealers and 2 correctors. The green one is used to counter redness like blemishes and the apricot one is used to correct dark spots. The apricot one is very good if you have dark skin. I tried the apricot corrector once when I had really dark under-eyes and it works. Actually, one of the MAC’s senior makeup artists suggest to use apricot for Indian and Middle Eastern women. It blends beautifully with their skin tone.

This concealer smells like clay and the product itself is a bit hard. The texture is similar to ELF’s Cover Everything Concealer. They smell the same too. I don’t use the brush that comes with the palette. With this type of concealer, I use my fingers. I warm the product up first using my fingers and then apply. I make sure to blend, blend, blend as it will surely cake if not blended properly.

I haven’t tried using this for an event or special occasion but I’m pretty sure that it will last as the VS people use it for their shows. I’m almost done with my Benefit Confessions of a Concealaholic kit and I will use this palette soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails