Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Body Shop Big and Curvy Waterproof Mascara

the body shop big and curvy waterproof mascara, bitsandtreats

I bought this mascara at The Body Shop event which my bestfriend M and I attended late last year. I think the original price was around 700 pesos and I got this at a discounted rate. I don’t pay retail for items that I’d like to try. I wait for the sales especially at TBS where they always have items for sale.

Here’s the wand:

tbs mascara wand, bitsandtreats

There is a pink tube which is the regular mascara. I never wear regular mascara as I end up with raccoon eyes and what if it rains or I suddenly find myself crying? I always use waterproof mascara.

This mascara disappoints in that aspect. It still smudges a bit on my under-eye area after several hours. I don’t know if my skin is too oily but my other waterproof mascaras do the job well.

I like the wand that does not make the product clump up. It also separates my lashes giving each one a nice coat.

The product does not dry up quickly and I often find myself with splotches of black all over my face. Sometimes my hair gets caught up with my lashes and then the  mascara on the hair sticks to different parts of my face. You get the point. So what I do is I blot my lashes with a piece of facial tissue. Yeah, like blotting your lips except you’re doing it with your eyes. That gets rid of the excess mascara.

As for the big and curvy claim, I have long lashes so I guess I’m not the perfect guinea pig for this product. If I curl my lashes properly and apply this mascara properly, then I get big,curvy lashes. I think it will do a decent job with shorter lashes.

I have very sensitive eyes and I’m glad that this mascara doesn’t irritate them. Unless, of course, I wear this 7 days a week then my eyes itch. Make sure to remove everything before going to sleep if you have sensitive eyes like I do. This can be completely removed with my Etude House Mascara Remover, Cloud Bubble Oil and Clinique Take the Day Off Cleanser. This is a good everyday mascara that I’d recommend to gals who want to splurge a bit on their makeup. It’s a good investment and will last you 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails