Friday, January 7, 2011

My Favorite Hangout

During the holidays, I mentioned that I found a new hangout (aside from Caffe Ti Amo via 240baons + 365 meals). This is where I detoxed and recharged after braving the mall crowds. This is also where I found really nice gifts for friends and family. So what is this place?

fully booked, by bitsandtreats

You already know that I love shopping for makeup, clothes, bags and shoes. But when I’m not in the mood to buy kikay stuff, I find joy in books. When I was a kid, my grandfather would take me to National Bookstore after classes and immerse me in different kinds of literature. I’m glad I never outgrew that and I am grateful to him for teaching me to love books.

Over the years, we have seen the evolution of bookstores. Such is the case of Fully Booked. It not only sells books, it also sells a myriad of other things. 

Fully Booked is where I get my fill of books and chick lit:

assorted books, by bitsandtreats

on a discount because of this:

fully booked book perks, by bitsandtreats

And being kikay, I need accessories for my books:

themed bookmarks, by bitsandtreats


book holders, by bitsandtreats

It doesn’t stop there. I also got my ipod these:

angel earphone organizer, by bitsandtreats

I just couldn’t resist these for my earphones:

zippy emotibles, by bitsandtreats

I also gave some of these emotibles as gifts to friends. Aside from the emotibles, I bought pens, art stuff, kids books and stationery sets which I gave away as presents to inaanaks. But I need to wrap the gifts. No worries, my favorite brand for gift wrapping stuff is housed in Fully Booked too:

lili and nana wrapper,by bitsandtreats
Lili and Nana Wrapping Paper

What sealed my flourishing relationship with Fully Booked? This:

sephora book, by bitsandtreats

which I got via The Secret.


I’ve been looking for the Sephora book everywhere. I asked customer service at GB and he said that there are no more available copies. One day we went to Bonifacio High Street. Naturally, I had to visit Fully Booked. I wasn’t expecting to see a pristine copy of this book but it was there, waiting on the shelf for me to grab it and take it home.

Oh, how I love Fully Booked!

(This is not a paid advertisement. I just really love Fully Booked.)

6 comments:

  1. Agree. They carry titles not found in other bookstores aside from other nifty stuff. I like that the paper products (notebooks, stationeries, journals)they sell are in plastic wrappers but they have samples that you can peruse to see the kind of paper and design inside, at least at the SM MOA branch. The staff at SM the Block naman are very attentive but not intrusive. Is this where you got the cat stationery in which you wrote a note and gave to Kitten? I have spotted a couple of designs which aren't available at Landmark Trinoma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh yes, the paper products are just great! I'm a sucker for cute notebooks. I also like the pens/pencils. I got a set of the recycled ones before Christmas then last Friday I saw these pastel colored pencils on the counter and I was really tempted to get some.

    The staff at Greenbelt are very nice/helpful. With Powerplant, it's a bit tricky. Sometimes they're nice, sometimes they're snobs.

    I got the kitty stationery at Fully Booked's sister store, Sketchbook at Greenbelt 3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go get the pencils!

    I like cute notebooks as well. Better if they have cat designs. Thanks for the tip on Sketchbooks. Looking forward to checking it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaargh!!! The pencils! I think I will... there's pink and lavender and they looked so pretty...

    Sketchbook has a lot of cute stuff that are great for gifts to yourself. Haha! When I'm there, I scrutinize every nook and cranny of the place as it's so tiny that some of the nice things are on the floor. I found some nice stationery set that we gave out for gifts (only Php50) on the floor, by the cashier. Now I wanna go there too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fully booked~! :D

    i love hanging out in bookstores even if i end up not buying :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Geli: Me too! Whenever I'm out in the mall alone, I just have to go to the bookstore and look around. My trip doesn't feel complete without it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails