Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Brush Cleaning

I bought a pack of Ivory soaps as mentioned in my Sunday Shopping post. I used one bar to clean my makeup brushes. I’m very lazy when it comes to deep cleaning my brushes because I just hate cleaning them with shampoo. I use green Sunsilk, by the way. I also feel that I’m wasting too much shampoo with this method and Sunsilk isn’t exactly cheap. Ivory makes it all better though.

ivory and brush, bitsandtreats


This is my Sigma blush brush that’s very dirty. I just swiped it on the bar a few times and voila:

ivory, bitsandtreats

Some of the makeup transferred to the bar. This was still dry. When the brush was wet, it was a different story. It became clean instantly. It’s also very easy to rinse compared to the shampoo method. I was also surprised that Ivory was able to get rid of the deep- seated makeup in some of my brushes i.e. concealer brush, eyeliner brush, etc. It’s been a while since I saw them that clean. No matter how much shampoo I apply and how much I swirl them, I just couldn’t make them that clean before.

Try this method if you are having trouble with the shampoo method too. It’s faster, easier and much cheaper. I have four bars and they will probably last the whole year. I will use the leftover Sunsilk to clean my hair brushes. More on that soon.

1 comment:

  1. oh cool, another way to clean brushes. love this idea ^_^
    http://redberryaha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails