Monday, January 30, 2012

Crayon Liner

IMG20110828_011

I am a huge fan of Maybelline mascaras and gel liners. I saw this Maybelline Eyestudio Crayon Liner at First Aid last year and I decided to try it. 

When a liner says, “doesn’t crease or bleed”, I give it the ultimate test subject– my lids. Bobbi Brown’s gel liners are well known for their holding and non-crease powers. They failed on my lids. Maybelline’s gel liner performs better and at a fraction of the price.

I was able to road test this liner yesterday. It was literally a road test as I was out the whole afternoon, commuting and walking. I went to Market! Market! to meet cousin C and my beautiful bride friend, G. We went back to Makati to check out a church and a hotel for her wedding. We walked a lot outdoors and when I got home, my liner looked like this:

IMG_0876



IMG_0877


IMG_0879

There are traces of the liner around my eyes because I just scratched them when I took these photos. I totally to forgot to take a photo as soon as I got home. Took these photos an hour and a half after I got home.

Not bad, no? And you know how much this costs? 149.

The crayon has a smooth texture but it’s not as smooth as when I swatch it on my skin than on my lids. It gives me broken lines when I use it on my lids.  Don’t expect for this product to glide on smoothly as UD pencils.  But, the lines are fixable. Just gradually build the color and the lines and you’re all good.

IMG_0886


IMG_0885


Will definitely buy this again.

*Scheduled post
* Update - Doesn't work with NARS eyeshadows. It smudges like crazy

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails