Thursday, January 26, 2012

My Favorite Lip Glosses

I’m not a huge fan of lip glosses but I use them from time to time to give my lips an added ooomph. I also like the moisturizing effect that they give especially when my lips hurt from all that chapping.

I don’t have a lot of lip glosses but here are my favorites:

my favorite lip glosses

Here is my natural lip color  for comparison purposes:

natural lip color

Here are swatches from left to right:

estee lauder pure color electric coral

Estee Lauder Pure Color in Electric Coral. This is just a highlighter. Nothing special. It’s one of my favorites because I can use this on any shade of lipstick. It’s also a very special item because this is the only thing that I bought and I got tons of GWP’s for it – a bag, eyeshadow palette, tons of samples, etc. So it’s quite special.

revlon colorburst hot pink

Revlon Colorburst in Hot Pink. I love strong pink lipsticks. Light pinks are for everyday use but on days when I feel extra glam, I swipe on my strong pink lippies. This lip gloss can stand on its own. No need for a base color.  I need to buy more from this line! It’s so sulit!

urban decay lip junkie crush

I just got this Urban Decay Lip Junkie in Crush with my Rollergirl Palette. No one seems to be giving it any attention so I opened one and gave one as a Christmas present to my best friend Ahne.  This lip gloss is great! It, too, can stand on its own. I love the menthol effect/flavor it gives. It also says that it plumps up your lips. I don’t know about that. I just love the taste!

bobbi brown glitter lip gloss in bronzed pink

Bobbi Brown Glitter Lip Gloss in Bronzed Pink is for special occasions as you can see by the glitters. I also use it for highlighting.  It’s very thick and sticky so be careful that your hair doesn’t stick to it otherwise you’ll end up with gloss everywhere.

mac wonder woman lip glass


mac wonder woman lip glass 2

MAC Wonder Woman. I like it so much that I posted 2 shots of it. This is not for the faint hearted. It’s very red. So if you wear this, be ready to own it. I’ve only used this a few times. Well, that’s because I was still building my makeup confidence back when I first bought this and I kinda kept this in one of my train cases so I completely forgot about it until this post. I will be sure to use this more in the coming days.  Remember to use a lip brush when applying this as the applicator is huge!

nars angelika

Lastly, NARS Angelika. I can’t use this alone. I usually top my everyday pink lipstick with this because the consistency is not so good. If not applied properly, you will end up with empty spaces on your lips. It’s really not meant to be used alone. This is a highlighter.

So those are my favorite glosses. Mind telling me yours?

7 comments:

  1. I vote for MAC WONDER WOMAN! HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know you also like the Revlon Colorbust lipgloss... I love it too, I have the one in Papaya. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. the mac wonder woman is the prettiest of all in my opinion <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. MAC Wonder Woman is beautiful! It's something I would wear in a heartbeat. (Malandi taste ko sa lippies!) :D Not much fan of glosses since I find them sticky, but I like Maybelline's Fruity Jelly. I use Human Nature's Mineral Lip Gloss to top on my lipsticks since I can't wear it alone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that estee lauder lipgloss is gorgeous! i've been looking for the right shade of hot pink and that one's nice ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess MAC Wonder Woman takes the vote!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ang ganda kasi ng lips mo Helen! Kahit ano bagay sa iyo!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails