Sunday, January 8, 2012

My HG Foundie

I realized that I haven’t blogged about my HG Foundation:

paul and joe protective foundation, by bitsandtreats

I’ve been using it for months now and I am very, very satisfied with it. I have tried foundations from Bobbi Brown, MAC, Shu Uemura and Clinique and I can definitely say that this tops the list. If you’re wondering about all the fuss with a foundation, you see, I have super acidic skin.  My face  gets really dark after just a few minutes of makeup application. Even my makeup mentor had a hard time finding the right combination of products for me.

I wandered to the Paul & Joe counter at Rustan’s Makati because of my friend Sugar. She is a Paul & Joe addict! So naturally, I just had to try them out. The SA’s at the counter are very friendly and very helpful so don’t get intimidated when you visit them. I had a lot of questions and they were obviously very knowledgeable about their products.

This is a bit pricey for a foundation, Php1000+. Like all high end foundations, you have to buy the compact and the foundation separately but you only have to buy the refills after your first purchase as the compact is nice and durable. I think the refill is less than Php1,000. I’m not sure but this is definitely cheaper than the other brands that I mentioned above.

The foundation is light but gives very good coverage. I have an oily T-zone and those are the only parts of my face that get shiny after a few hours. I only need to retouch those areas during a day in the mall. It’s different when you work in the field, of course. But when I’m at the store, I only have to retouch my t-zone and leave the rest of my face as is because the foundation really lasts a long time. I didn’t breakout on my first week of usage, which is a good thing as I always break out whenever I try a new product.There is no horrible smell unlike other foundations that I’ve tried. The packaging, as you can see, is very beautiful and functional too:

IMG_0760

I use this foundation with my Bobbi Brown BB cream and Laura Mercier liquid foundation alternately. It works nicely on either product. As I’ve said, I’ve been using this for months now and I still have a decent amount of product to last me until the end of January or even February so if you think about it, the price justifies the performance and longevity of the product. I will definitely buy this again.

2 comments:

  1. because of your post, i have have have to try this hahaha
    i lost my mac foundation to some a** who stole some contents of my bag while walking home one time :(

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails