Monday, January 23, 2012

Milky Lipsticks

This is a super duper late post. This should have been posted last year. Anyway, here goes.

I’m not a huge fan of matte lipsticks because I have very dry, chapped lips. The doctor said it’s one of those annoying things about my illness. But here are two matte lippies that I really like.


milky lipstick, by hyphen

The great thing about owning a store is the ready supply of beauty stuff. These were the last 2 tubes and they’ve been out for so long so I decided to give them a try. Here are swatches:

IMG20110828_014

Number 4 is a peachy shade while number 3 is pinkish. They are both very nude lipsticks.

Milky is a good name for these lippies as they glide on smoothly. I don’t think this will dry out normal lips. My lips are dry no matter what lipstick I use. They also last a long time on my lips in spite of my constant drinking and licking.

milky lipstick 03
03

milky lipstick 04
04 – MAC Playing Koi Dupe

These are also from Kiss Me Cosmetics. I will hoard again the next time I’m abroad.

Quick tip: If you have very dry lips like mine, be sure to moisturize first. For a quick scrub, apply a generous amount of lip balm all over your lips. Gently scrub off with a facial tissue or a cotton pad. Then apply another coat of lip balm. If you have a lip primer (I use Etude House’s which I haven’t even reviewed, thanks to a quick search on my blog) use that next. Then apply the matte nude lipstick using a lip brush. For me, a lip brush is a must. I use the brush to outline and fill in my lips. After that,  I swipe the lipstick over my lips then fix it again using the brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails