Skip to main content

Rice Water Bright

I’ve been using Clinique products for my skin care routine for over a year now. I've been happy with most of them. But recently, I’ve been having second thoughts about the facial wash. I guess it is just something that washes the dirt off my face. It’s the only Clinique product that I have that runs out fast and honestly, it’s not cheap. Well, that and my sister probably sneaks off to use it. Anyway, there’s nothing special about it so why should I continue shelling out that much money?

MB ran 0ut of his facial wash and I was running out of mine too so it was the perfect timing to try something new. Since I’ve had good results with The Face Shop line of products, I decided to go there first. I saw this:

IMG_0356 
I received a sample of this product about 2 years ago. I wasn’t able to try it but MB did. There was an emergency and he was out the whole night and I had to bring him some clothes and toiletries. I immediately noticed that his face was brighter even after a whole night without sleep after using this. So I guess that’s a good sign, right?

This is a cream type facial wash so it’s very tipid. I only have to use a pea-size amount. I had breakouts during my first two weeks of usage. I don’t know if it was because of stress (I was under so much stress that time) or if my skin was still adjusting to it. On the third week, my period came so the breakouts continued. But there were “in-between” days when my face was clear so I guess the breakout isn’t entirely due to this new facial wash.

MB says that this product is okay. He tried the Neutrogena facial wash and ended up with super oily skin and zits. This one cleared up his skin. Both our skins are dry right now because of the climate. So what I do is, I use this facial wash and alternate between my Clinique number 2 and 3 toners and moisturizers. So far it’s working. MB has no complaints. His skin is back to normal. No zits. Mine are also healing. The dryness is still there but hey, my skin is always dry.

The scent is nice. The packaging is good. The price is right - Php445. I have my fingers crossed that this product won’t disappoint me. I will try the Bamboo facial wash after this runs out since my skin is hiyang  to the makeup remover.

Comments

  1. oh its cream pala! I have one of the cleansing oils e, it's nice naman. thinking of getting this when I run out of facial wash. been looking for a cream cleanser.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Luxe Staycations: Binondo Series - The Great Buddha, Curated Purchases from Eng Bee Tin, and Last Thoughts About Ramada

After buying a lot of stuff on the first floor, we headed upstairs to eat a light lunch. Mom was getting hungry. My son and I just ate, but we said that we will accompany her and will just order something light. 

All About Eyes

Lately I’m finding myself obsessed with skin care products, prevention in particular. I'm not getting younger and nobody likes lines and wrinkles, right? I should have done this in my early twenties but those were hard times and we didn’t have enough to support our daily lives, let alone vanity splurges. So now, I’m on hyper mode. I did not place any expectations on this product. I’ve had it with products claiming they can do this and that. I just tried the product thinking that if it works then great, if not then I’ll just find a new one. I wasn’t expecting a dramatic change but 2 weeks into using this product, I noticed that my under eye area has become lighter. The lines are also not as deep as they were before I used this product. I stopped using the Garnier eye products because I’m allergic to them so that means I’m not using any whitening products for that area. I am truly impressed with this product. I didn’t take a before and after photo as I wasn’t expecting this at ...

Alone Time

My good friend Kitten and I were supposed to go out yesterday but she had some unexpected things come up. I needed to buy some stuff as I am packing for a trip and so I went alone. I actually enjoy going out alone as much as going out with girlfriends or MB. It gives me a chance to eat whatever I like to eat and explore new restos. It’s also nice to take my time when shopping. After paying my bills, I had a late lunch at Toast Box: I love Hainanese Chicken. I sometimes cook this dish but it’s too tedious so I settle for eating out. I’m so happy that there are now restaurants that serve proper Hainanese Chicken. Well, except that one above was sooooo bloody. It was swimming in blood when I pulled the meat apart so I had it changed. You know what Gordon Ramsay says, bloody chicken is poisonous. This is the second time I ate at Toast Box and in both times, the chicken was so bloody. After lunch, I started shopping. First stop was Beabi where I bought these: The Sakura thermos on...