Skip to main content

Soul Notes: For Your Journal Tonight



Come sit with me for a while.

I have my journal open, and tonight I’ve been thinking about something I suspect I do more often than I realize.

I turn healing into another thing I need to accomplish.

I want to know when I’ll be over something.

When I’ll stop thinking about it.

When something that hurt will finally stop hurting.

When I’ll feel like myself again.

And somewhere along the way, healing quietly becomes another deadline.

Another invisible date on a calendar.

Another thing I can somehow be late for.

But maybe healing doesn’t work particularly well under project management.

Maybe there are things I will understand quickly and things I’ll have to revisit again and again. Maybe I’ll feel completely fine one day and unexpectedly tender the next.

That doesn’t mean I’ve gone backwards.

It means I’m still moving through it.


I remember one day, many years ago, when I had fibromyalgia. I lived in constant pain. I just couldn’t get a good day. And then one day, in the office, I suddenly noticed that nothing was painful.

I remember it so vividly. I was standing near the window, looking down at the world. And then something clicked. 

Wait a minute… I feel no pain! There was nothing in my joints, my back, my neck, my legs. Nothing! Zero pain! 

Hallelujah! 

It was the first time I’ve experienced that in a long time. 

So that memory is precious to me. 

Because that also signaled my inevitable healing. 

I just had to be patient and wait for it. 


So tonight, this is what I’m writing in my journal to remind myself of that moment:

Where in my life am I trying to turn healing into a deadline?

And underneath it:

What would change if I stopped asking myself to be finished?

If you’d like, sit with me tonight.

Open your journal. Make yourself comfortable. Take your time with the question.

We don’t have to arrive at an answer together.

We can simply give ourselves somewhere quiet enough to hear it.


—-


With elegance and quiet fire,

Lady E
Founder, Glow by Lady E
An editorial space for stories, art, and intentional living


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Luxe Staycations: Binondo Series - The Great Buddha, Curated Purchases from Eng Bee Tin, and Last Thoughts About Ramada

After buying a lot of stuff on the first floor, we headed upstairs to eat a light lunch. Mom was getting hungry. My son and I just ate, but we said that we will accompany her and will just order something light. 

All About Eyes

Lately I’m finding myself obsessed with skin care products, prevention in particular. I'm not getting younger and nobody likes lines and wrinkles, right? I should have done this in my early twenties but those were hard times and we didn’t have enough to support our daily lives, let alone vanity splurges. So now, I’m on hyper mode. I did not place any expectations on this product. I’ve had it with products claiming they can do this and that. I just tried the product thinking that if it works then great, if not then I’ll just find a new one. I wasn’t expecting a dramatic change but 2 weeks into using this product, I noticed that my under eye area has become lighter. The lines are also not as deep as they were before I used this product. I stopped using the Garnier eye products because I’m allergic to them so that means I’m not using any whitening products for that area. I am truly impressed with this product. I didn’t take a before and after photo as I wasn’t expecting this at ...

Alone Time

My good friend Kitten and I were supposed to go out yesterday but she had some unexpected things come up. I needed to buy some stuff as I am packing for a trip and so I went alone. I actually enjoy going out alone as much as going out with girlfriends or MB. It gives me a chance to eat whatever I like to eat and explore new restos. It’s also nice to take my time when shopping. After paying my bills, I had a late lunch at Toast Box: I love Hainanese Chicken. I sometimes cook this dish but it’s too tedious so I settle for eating out. I’m so happy that there are now restaurants that serve proper Hainanese Chicken. Well, except that one above was sooooo bloody. It was swimming in blood when I pulled the meat apart so I had it changed. You know what Gordon Ramsay says, bloody chicken is poisonous. This is the second time I ate at Toast Box and in both times, the chicken was so bloody. After lunch, I started shopping. First stop was Beabi where I bought these: The Sakura thermos on...