Skip to main content

Used to the Last Drop: I Finally Stopped Saving My Favorite Blush



Glow Girls already know this one.

My beloved Minimalist cream blush.

My ultra-favorite blush.

And, naturally, no longer available.

So I did what perfectly rational beauty lovers do when a favorite product disappears:

I started rationing it.

A little today. Not too much. Save some. Make it last.

Except eventually I realized something.

What exactly was I saving it for?

The whole reason I loved this blush was because I loved wearing it.

And there are so many beautiful blushes out there that I haven’t even met yet.

So one day I decided: what the heck?

Use it.

I stopped treating every swipe like I was depleting the national blush reserve. I wore my favorite blush when I wanted my favorite blush.

And last week, I finally finished it.

I’m still sad that I can’t replace it.

But I’m much happier that the last of it ended up on my cheeks instead of sitting indefinitely in a little compact because I was afraid to run out.

Sometimes enjoying something completely is better than preserving a tiny piece of it forever.

Used to the last drop. And properly loved.


—-


With elegance and quiet fire,

Lady E
Founder, Glow by Lady E
An editorial space for stories, art, and intentional living


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Luxe Staycations: Binondo Series - The Great Buddha, Curated Purchases from Eng Bee Tin, and Last Thoughts About Ramada

After buying a lot of stuff on the first floor, we headed upstairs to eat a light lunch. Mom was getting hungry. My son and I just ate, but we said that we will accompany her and will just order something light. 

All About Eyes

Lately I’m finding myself obsessed with skin care products, prevention in particular. I'm not getting younger and nobody likes lines and wrinkles, right? I should have done this in my early twenties but those were hard times and we didn’t have enough to support our daily lives, let alone vanity splurges. So now, I’m on hyper mode. I did not place any expectations on this product. I’ve had it with products claiming they can do this and that. I just tried the product thinking that if it works then great, if not then I’ll just find a new one. I wasn’t expecting a dramatic change but 2 weeks into using this product, I noticed that my under eye area has become lighter. The lines are also not as deep as they were before I used this product. I stopped using the Garnier eye products because I’m allergic to them so that means I’m not using any whitening products for that area. I am truly impressed with this product. I didn’t take a before and after photo as I wasn’t expecting this at ...

Alone Time

My good friend Kitten and I were supposed to go out yesterday but she had some unexpected things come up. I needed to buy some stuff as I am packing for a trip and so I went alone. I actually enjoy going out alone as much as going out with girlfriends or MB. It gives me a chance to eat whatever I like to eat and explore new restos. It’s also nice to take my time when shopping. After paying my bills, I had a late lunch at Toast Box: I love Hainanese Chicken. I sometimes cook this dish but it’s too tedious so I settle for eating out. I’m so happy that there are now restaurants that serve proper Hainanese Chicken. Well, except that one above was sooooo bloody. It was swimming in blood when I pulled the meat apart so I had it changed. You know what Gordon Ramsay says, bloody chicken is poisonous. This is the second time I ate at Toast Box and in both times, the chicken was so bloody. After lunch, I started shopping. First stop was Beabi where I bought these: The Sakura thermos on...