Skip to main content

Part 2: Yes, I Used a Christmas Foot Mask Months Later

 


Once I’d finally done something about all that dry skin, I decided my feet deserved the second half of the operation: moisture.

Enter this extremely cheerful Christmas-themed rose nourishing foot mask.

Did I use it at Christmas?

Of course not.

I only recently got around to using it because apparently this is where we are in my life now. I am so busy that even my seasonal beauty products have a backlog. 😂

Do you remember that I usually celebrate Christmas in January or February because of atelier work? 

Apparently, it’s the same for my beauty routines. 😑

The little reindeer had been patiently waiting for its moment.

The masks themselves were essentially little moisturizing socks. I put them on, sat there looking mildly ridiculous for a while, and let them do their thing.


They felt weird. I’m neurodivergent, so being able to stick through the 15 minutes was a big deal 


And afterward?

My feet were happier.

They’re not yet the ridiculously smooth, soft feet I want. We’re not at admire them lovingly while wearing beautiful sandals level yet.

But we’re getting there.

And that’s enough for me.

There was something strangely satisfying about finally taking care of this tiny thing that had been irritating me every time I crossed my legs at piano class.



Maybe that’s another version of self-care too.

Not a dramatic transformation.

Just noticing that something feels a little better than it did before, and continuing from there.

My feet and I are officially in negotiations. 😆

And apparently, this little foot-care experiment isn’t over yet. I already have another product waiting for its turn.

But that one can wait for the next issue.


—-


With elegance and quiet fire,


Lady E
Founder, Glow by Lady E
An editorial space for stories, art, and intentional living


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Luxe Staycations: Binondo Series - The Great Buddha, Curated Purchases from Eng Bee Tin, and Last Thoughts About Ramada

After buying a lot of stuff on the first floor, we headed upstairs to eat a light lunch. Mom was getting hungry. My son and I just ate, but we said that we will accompany her and will just order something light. 

All About Eyes

Lately I’m finding myself obsessed with skin care products, prevention in particular. I'm not getting younger and nobody likes lines and wrinkles, right? I should have done this in my early twenties but those were hard times and we didn’t have enough to support our daily lives, let alone vanity splurges. So now, I’m on hyper mode. I did not place any expectations on this product. I’ve had it with products claiming they can do this and that. I just tried the product thinking that if it works then great, if not then I’ll just find a new one. I wasn’t expecting a dramatic change but 2 weeks into using this product, I noticed that my under eye area has become lighter. The lines are also not as deep as they were before I used this product. I stopped using the Garnier eye products because I’m allergic to them so that means I’m not using any whitening products for that area. I am truly impressed with this product. I didn’t take a before and after photo as I wasn’t expecting this at ...

Alone Time

My good friend Kitten and I were supposed to go out yesterday but she had some unexpected things come up. I needed to buy some stuff as I am packing for a trip and so I went alone. I actually enjoy going out alone as much as going out with girlfriends or MB. It gives me a chance to eat whatever I like to eat and explore new restos. It’s also nice to take my time when shopping. After paying my bills, I had a late lunch at Toast Box: I love Hainanese Chicken. I sometimes cook this dish but it’s too tedious so I settle for eating out. I’m so happy that there are now restaurants that serve proper Hainanese Chicken. Well, except that one above was sooooo bloody. It was swimming in blood when I pulled the meat apart so I had it changed. You know what Gordon Ramsay says, bloody chicken is poisonous. This is the second time I ate at Toast Box and in both times, the chicken was so bloody. After lunch, I started shopping. First stop was Beabi where I bought these: The Sakura thermos on...