Skip to main content

What I’m Keeping Close: The Hand Soap that Doesn’t Punish My Hands

 


I’ve become surprisingly picky about hand soap.

I’ve also been cooking more lately, which means I’m washing ingredients, washing dishes, washing utensils and washing my hands approximately three thousand times a day.

My hands noticed.

Dry, uncomfortable hands became one of those small irritations I kept tolerating until I finally thought: why am I making something I do several times a day unpleasant?

I already knew Dove soaps tend to work well for me, so when I saw this Coconut & Almond Milk Foaming Hand Wash, trying it made sense.

So far, my hands approve.

I’m getting the clean hands I need without that stripped, painfully dry feeling I’ve become thoroughly tired of.

My hands are still dry. But they’re not so dry that they develop cuts. 

It’s such an ordinary thing, hand soap.

But that’s partly why I’m keeping this one close.

Self-care isn’t always something we schedule. Sometimes it’s simply paying attention to the things we touch every day and asking whether they could be a little kinder to us.

Mine just comes with a pump.


—-


With elegance and quiet fire,


Lady E
Founder, Glow by Lady E
An editorial space for stories, art, and intentional living


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Luxe Staycations: Binondo Series - The Great Buddha, Curated Purchases from Eng Bee Tin, and Last Thoughts About Ramada

After buying a lot of stuff on the first floor, we headed upstairs to eat a light lunch. Mom was getting hungry. My son and I just ate, but we said that we will accompany her and will just order something light. 

All About Eyes

Lately I’m finding myself obsessed with skin care products, prevention in particular. I'm not getting younger and nobody likes lines and wrinkles, right? I should have done this in my early twenties but those were hard times and we didn’t have enough to support our daily lives, let alone vanity splurges. So now, I’m on hyper mode. I did not place any expectations on this product. I’ve had it with products claiming they can do this and that. I just tried the product thinking that if it works then great, if not then I’ll just find a new one. I wasn’t expecting a dramatic change but 2 weeks into using this product, I noticed that my under eye area has become lighter. The lines are also not as deep as they were before I used this product. I stopped using the Garnier eye products because I’m allergic to them so that means I’m not using any whitening products for that area. I am truly impressed with this product. I didn’t take a before and after photo as I wasn’t expecting this at ...

Alone Time

My good friend Kitten and I were supposed to go out yesterday but she had some unexpected things come up. I needed to buy some stuff as I am packing for a trip and so I went alone. I actually enjoy going out alone as much as going out with girlfriends or MB. It gives me a chance to eat whatever I like to eat and explore new restos. It’s also nice to take my time when shopping. After paying my bills, I had a late lunch at Toast Box: I love Hainanese Chicken. I sometimes cook this dish but it’s too tedious so I settle for eating out. I’m so happy that there are now restaurants that serve proper Hainanese Chicken. Well, except that one above was sooooo bloody. It was swimming in blood when I pulled the meat apart so I had it changed. You know what Gordon Ramsay says, bloody chicken is poisonous. This is the second time I ate at Toast Box and in both times, the chicken was so bloody. After lunch, I started shopping. First stop was Beabi where I bought these: The Sakura thermos on...