Skip to main content

Part 1: I Finally Had Enough of My Dry Feet and Did Something About It

 


I have been annoyed with my feet for months.

Not because there was anything particularly wrong with them. They were just dry. Really dry. And you know I have a problem with dryness (hello skin, lips).

And somehow, despite noticing this constantly, I kept doing absolutely nothing about it.

The moment that gets me every time is when I’m waiting for my son at piano class. I’ll sit down, cross my legs, look down at my slip-ons or sandals and there they are.

My dry, flaky feet.



Then I become painfully aware that there are other people sitting beside me who can probably see them too. 😂

Every time, I think, I really need to do something about this.

And then piano class ends, life resumes, and apparently my feet are no longer part of my jurisdiction.

Eventually, I had enough.

I found this Mond’Sub Chamomile Foot Peeling Spray at KKV and decided that my poor neglected feet were finally getting some attention.

The process wasn’t glamorous. There was peeling skin involved. There were bits coming off. There was absolutely nothing remotely spa-like about sitting there inspecting my heel.



But afterward, I kept thinking about how easily little things like this get pushed aside.

Sometimes self-care isn’t candles and silk robes.

Sometimes it’s noticing one small thing you’ve tolerated for ages and finally giving it some attention.

Even if that thing is your embarrassingly flaky feet at piano class. 😆



It was soooooo satisfying to remove all those dry skin! 

I now use this in the shower with a pumice scrub. 


Part 2: Now that I’d dealt with the dry skin, it was time to give my feet something nicer. That’s up next. 


—-


With elegance and quiet fire,

Lady E
Founder, Glow by Lady E
An editorial space for stories, art, and intentional living


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Luxe Staycations: Binondo Series - The Great Buddha, Curated Purchases from Eng Bee Tin, and Last Thoughts About Ramada

After buying a lot of stuff on the first floor, we headed upstairs to eat a light lunch. Mom was getting hungry. My son and I just ate, but we said that we will accompany her and will just order something light. 

All About Eyes

Lately I’m finding myself obsessed with skin care products, prevention in particular. I'm not getting younger and nobody likes lines and wrinkles, right? I should have done this in my early twenties but those were hard times and we didn’t have enough to support our daily lives, let alone vanity splurges. So now, I’m on hyper mode. I did not place any expectations on this product. I’ve had it with products claiming they can do this and that. I just tried the product thinking that if it works then great, if not then I’ll just find a new one. I wasn’t expecting a dramatic change but 2 weeks into using this product, I noticed that my under eye area has become lighter. The lines are also not as deep as they were before I used this product. I stopped using the Garnier eye products because I’m allergic to them so that means I’m not using any whitening products for that area. I am truly impressed with this product. I didn’t take a before and after photo as I wasn’t expecting this at ...

Alone Time

My good friend Kitten and I were supposed to go out yesterday but she had some unexpected things come up. I needed to buy some stuff as I am packing for a trip and so I went alone. I actually enjoy going out alone as much as going out with girlfriends or MB. It gives me a chance to eat whatever I like to eat and explore new restos. It’s also nice to take my time when shopping. After paying my bills, I had a late lunch at Toast Box: I love Hainanese Chicken. I sometimes cook this dish but it’s too tedious so I settle for eating out. I’m so happy that there are now restaurants that serve proper Hainanese Chicken. Well, except that one above was sooooo bloody. It was swimming in blood when I pulled the meat apart so I had it changed. You know what Gordon Ramsay says, bloody chicken is poisonous. This is the second time I ate at Toast Box and in both times, the chicken was so bloody. After lunch, I started shopping. First stop was Beabi where I bought these: The Sakura thermos on...