Skip to main content

I Can Have More Without Hating What I Have

 

I’ve been thinking about the strange guilt that sometimes comes with wanting more.

More money.

More space.

More success.

More beautiful things.

More ease.

We’re often told to be grateful for what we have, and I believe in gratitude deeply.

But somewhere along the way, gratitude can become confused with staying exactly where we are.

As though wanting more means what I already have isn’t good enough.

I don’t think those things have to contradict each other.

I can love my life and still want to expand it.

I can appreciate what my business earns today and still want it to earn more.

I can be thankful for my home and still dream about having more space.

I can be perfectly content with my art supplies and then see a new watercolor set and want that, too. 

I can enjoy what I own and still put something beautiful in my shopping basket.

Wanting more doesn’t require contempt for what came before it.

In fact, I think there’s something lovely about building from gratitude rather than dissatisfaction.

I don’t have to look around my life and find something wrong before I’m allowed to want something else.

I can say:

This is good.

And then:

I’d like more.

Both can be true.

Maybe abundance isn’t about endlessly reaching because nothing is enough.

Maybe sometimes it’s simply allowing ourselves to grow without insulting the life that carried us here.


—-


With elegance and quiet fire,



Lady E
Founder, Glow by Lady E
An editorial space for stories, art, and intentional living


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Luxe Staycations: Binondo Series - The Great Buddha, Curated Purchases from Eng Bee Tin, and Last Thoughts About Ramada

After buying a lot of stuff on the first floor, we headed upstairs to eat a light lunch. Mom was getting hungry. My son and I just ate, but we said that we will accompany her and will just order something light. 

All About Eyes

Lately I’m finding myself obsessed with skin care products, prevention in particular. I'm not getting younger and nobody likes lines and wrinkles, right? I should have done this in my early twenties but those were hard times and we didn’t have enough to support our daily lives, let alone vanity splurges. So now, I’m on hyper mode. I did not place any expectations on this product. I’ve had it with products claiming they can do this and that. I just tried the product thinking that if it works then great, if not then I’ll just find a new one. I wasn’t expecting a dramatic change but 2 weeks into using this product, I noticed that my under eye area has become lighter. The lines are also not as deep as they were before I used this product. I stopped using the Garnier eye products because I’m allergic to them so that means I’m not using any whitening products for that area. I am truly impressed with this product. I didn’t take a before and after photo as I wasn’t expecting this at ...

Alone Time

My good friend Kitten and I were supposed to go out yesterday but she had some unexpected things come up. I needed to buy some stuff as I am packing for a trip and so I went alone. I actually enjoy going out alone as much as going out with girlfriends or MB. It gives me a chance to eat whatever I like to eat and explore new restos. It’s also nice to take my time when shopping. After paying my bills, I had a late lunch at Toast Box: I love Hainanese Chicken. I sometimes cook this dish but it’s too tedious so I settle for eating out. I’m so happy that there are now restaurants that serve proper Hainanese Chicken. Well, except that one above was sooooo bloody. It was swimming in blood when I pulled the meat apart so I had it changed. You know what Gordon Ramsay says, bloody chicken is poisonous. This is the second time I ate at Toast Box and in both times, the chicken was so bloody. After lunch, I started shopping. First stop was Beabi where I bought these: The Sakura thermos on...