Some things from the atelier are useful.
Some are beautiful.
And some exist because I wanted tiny cats, ribbons, sequins, stars, hearts and miniature smiling emojis to bounce around inside a bookmark. 😆
Meet my Shaker Kitties.
Each one started with patterned paper, then slowly acquired its own tiny world. There are cats having snacks, cats traveling, cats surrounded by stationery, cats doing absolutely nothing productive at home. Basically, they have lives.
I layered the designs with stickers and little bits of ephemera, added shaker pieces, sealed everything inside clear pockets, and finished them with ribbons at the top.
And because I make these one at a time, none of them really turns out exactly like another.
Even when I begin with the same idea, the pieces fall differently. A star lands somewhere unexpected. A tiny heart decides it belongs beside a cat. The shaker mix gathers in its own peculiar way.
I think that’s part of why I enjoy making them.
There is a point in creating where you stop trying to make everything perfectly controlled and simply let the little pieces find their places.
Maybe that’s why these make me happy.
They’re bookmarks.
They’re tiny toys.
They’re tiny worlds.
And when you shake them, everything gets delightfully rearranged again.
These are available at Stars & Roses (FB) for local buyers. For my international buyers, stay tuned as I’m cooking something up specially for you.
—-
From the atelier, with several cats supervising,
Lady E
Founder, Glow by Lady E
An editorial space for stories, art, and intentional living







Comments
Post a Comment