Skip to main content

What I’m Keeping Close: My New Facial Cleanser

 


Sometimes trying a new skincare product starts with excitement. Or in my case, nerves. I have very sensitive skin and it’s not always fun to try a new product, especially on my face. 

This one started because an old favorite stopped working for me.

I’d been using The Face Shop White Seed facial wash for years. Then recently, my skin started reacting to it. (You can read me wax poetic about that facial wash in the archives. Just type ‘white seed’ in the search bar.)

That is one of the particularly annoying things about sensitive skin. Something can live happily in your routine for years and then, apparently, your face calls a meeting and votes it out.

So I needed a replacement.

I’d already tried another Deoproce product, a body lotion or serum in the green caviar line, and had good results with it. When I saw their Green Caviar Facial Cleanser, I thought: why not?

I’m glad I did.

My skin has been very happy with it so far. No drama, no argument, just a cleanser doing what I wanted it to do.

After losing something I’d trusted for years, finding a replacement that my skin actually likes feels disproportionately satisfying.

Maybe that’s what I’m appreciating most lately.

Not products that promise miracles.

Just products my skin is willing to live with peacefully.

That feels pretty miraculous to me.


—-


With elegance and quiet fire,

Lady E
Founder, Glow by Lady E
An editorial space for stories, art, and intentional living


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Luxe Staycations: Binondo Series - The Great Buddha, Curated Purchases from Eng Bee Tin, and Last Thoughts About Ramada

After buying a lot of stuff on the first floor, we headed upstairs to eat a light lunch. Mom was getting hungry. My son and I just ate, but we said that we will accompany her and will just order something light. 

All About Eyes

Lately I’m finding myself obsessed with skin care products, prevention in particular. I'm not getting younger and nobody likes lines and wrinkles, right? I should have done this in my early twenties but those were hard times and we didn’t have enough to support our daily lives, let alone vanity splurges. So now, I’m on hyper mode. I did not place any expectations on this product. I’ve had it with products claiming they can do this and that. I just tried the product thinking that if it works then great, if not then I’ll just find a new one. I wasn’t expecting a dramatic change but 2 weeks into using this product, I noticed that my under eye area has become lighter. The lines are also not as deep as they were before I used this product. I stopped using the Garnier eye products because I’m allergic to them so that means I’m not using any whitening products for that area. I am truly impressed with this product. I didn’t take a before and after photo as I wasn’t expecting this at ...

Alone Time

My good friend Kitten and I were supposed to go out yesterday but she had some unexpected things come up. I needed to buy some stuff as I am packing for a trip and so I went alone. I actually enjoy going out alone as much as going out with girlfriends or MB. It gives me a chance to eat whatever I like to eat and explore new restos. It’s also nice to take my time when shopping. After paying my bills, I had a late lunch at Toast Box: I love Hainanese Chicken. I sometimes cook this dish but it’s too tedious so I settle for eating out. I’m so happy that there are now restaurants that serve proper Hainanese Chicken. Well, except that one above was sooooo bloody. It was swimming in blood when I pulled the meat apart so I had it changed. You know what Gordon Ramsay says, bloody chicken is poisonous. This is the second time I ate at Toast Box and in both times, the chicken was so bloody. After lunch, I started shopping. First stop was Beabi where I bought these: The Sakura thermos on...