Sunday, April 21, 2013

My Travel Makeup Part 3

Here are my favorite palettes for travelling:

glamour to go fairy edition, bitsandtreats
Too Faced Glamour to Go Fairy Edition

estee lauder gold, bitsandtreats
Estee Lauder Gold Palette

sephora lip, bitsandtreats
Sephora Lip Palette

No matter where I’m going, I always bring these 3 palettes with me. If it’s just an overnight trip, I leave the Sephora Lip Palette behind as the Too Faced Fairy palette already has lipstick plus I always put a tube or two in my handbag so there’s no need for this palette.
Travel tips:
You may have noticed the lack of brushes and applicators in my palettes. That’s because I leave them behind and bring my full size brushes. I find it hard to apply makeup with the mini brushes that come with these palettes and when I travel, I’m always on the go. I keep the brush in the lip palette for hygiene purposes. I don’t want to use my fingers to apply lipstick.

I am a high maintenance girl. I’m sorry but I am. When I travel, I want to bring all my makeup with me. Like I said, we are always on the go so that means I have to get up before everybody else so that I can take my time in the shower and take my time applying makeup and doing my hair. If you are like me and you always need a full face before you go up, wake up early.

Hydrate. From the airplane down to when you land and when you’re going home, be sure to drink plenty of water. Skip the soda and sugary drinks. Always bring a bottle of water with you wherever you are going. Even if you are just shopping around, it’s always a good idea to have some water with you to avoid dehydration. When we travel, my mom and I do a lot of shopping and walking around so we always make it a point to have a bottle of water in each of our bags.

Don’t forget to bring your brush cleaner. Never use a dirty brush especially when you are travelling. You might break out and you don’t want pimples to ruin your vacation. You don’t need to deep clean. Just bring your handy brush cleaner spray. I always bring my Ellana brush cleaner with me.

Put all your makeup in one bag. I always have 2 cosmetics bags when I travel. One is for my toiletries and the other one is for my makeup. This way, I know exactly where to find my products.

Bring out all your makeup when you arrive in your hotel and arrange them neatly in the bathroom or vanity. The first thing that I do when I get to the hotel is I hang all my clothes and then I arrange my stuff in the bathroom and vanity. This way, it’s easier and faster for me to get ready the following morning. If you’re sharing a space with your friend, be sure to leave some room for her things. If there is too little space, you might want to just bring out the essentials and keep the rest in your makeup bag. You can then place the makeup bag on the counter.

Be safe. Some hotels have warnings about valuables being stolen. If you have high end makeup, be sure to keep them before you go out. Don’t leave them displayed on the bathroom counter or vanity as someone might swipe them. Also, if you’re unsure of the staff, just keep your makeup in your bag and don’t forget to lock it.

Try to limit your cosmetics as much as possible. This is very hard for me as I always want to bring everything. I want to feel as if I’m home and all my products are there, ready to be used at my whim. That is why I am thankful for the palettes that I have and for travel-size toiletries. I bring sachets of shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, etc. with me. I bring a cheap bath lily that I can throw in the trash before I leave. If I have to bring a bar of soap, I make sure to bring a teeny tiny travel size one so that I can throw it before I leave. As for other things that always come in big bottles, I transfer them to smaller ones. By doing this, I can bring all my stuff with me.

Most of my friends are on vacation. I really envy them but I need to get healthy and strong so my vacation would have to wait. In the mean time, I will be sharing more travel tips with you in the coming days. I hope you enjoyed my My Makeup Travel Series as much as I enjoyed writing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails