Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Have a Summer-Ready Body the Easy Way

Hello ladies! I went to the doctor today that’s why this post is late. I’m thankful to the Lord that my health is getting better and better. Soon I’ll be able to get out of the house and walk around.

Anyway, let’s talk about getting a beach-ready body for the summer. Your number one weapon for busting fat is your metabolism. I’ve never had a problem with weight gain. The heaviest that I’ve been was 98 pounds and that was when I was on steroids. I slowly lost the weight over a period of a year or two. Note the keyword here is “slowly”. I don’t believe in crash diets and losing a significant amount of weight in just a short time. Your body did not get fat instantly. It was a process. So is losing weight.

I’m thankful that I have a fast metabolism plus the fact that I was an athlete back in the day. I could dine at all-you-can-eat buffets every single day and burn them all when I’m on the ice or when I’m doing martial arts. Now that I’m older, I need to at least not let my metabolism slow down for good so I do a few things to boost it. I’d like to share them with you.

Don’t skip breakfast
You need to break the fast and if you skip breakfast, you are just telling your body to store more fat to burn in the future. Check out my food blog for healthy breakfasts and fast meals.

Drink lots of fluids
This is not a problem for me as I down water like there’s no tomorrow.  Well, that’s because of my condition but the average person needs 8-10 glasses of water a day. More if you are very active and you find yourself sweating a lot. Drink cold water because the body absorbs it faster. Cold water is good even if you are working out. You can also drink Gatorade or Vitwater if you are not fond of water. You can also add fresh fruit juices or natural fruit juice in your diet. Green tea is also great both as an antioxidant and as a metabolism booster. I think the reason why I digest food really well because I drink a lot of water plus a lot of juices and Gatorade every single day. Water helps break down food so your body can digest it better.

Eat your vegetables and fiber
I know it’s something we’ve heard our moms say time and time again but you really need to put some veggies and fiber into your system. It will help you digest your food better and help eliminate wastes. Meat just rots in our body and our body needs vegetables to “sweep” the rotting meat out of our system.  Veggies and fiber also help with regular bowel movements so you are clean and healthy inside.

Exercise
Like I said, I can eat and eat and eat but I have to burn it as well. You won’t believe how much food an athlete needs to eat on a daily basis (check out Michael Phelps’ diet) but that’s because they need it. If you can exercise in the morning, the better. I used to work out in the afternoons. I just can’t do it in the morning because of work, house chores, etc. I just have a lot of things to do in the morning so the afternoon is my special time. When I get better, I will definitely go back to my afternoon routine. Believe it or not, my body is so used to working out that if I gain some pounds, I can easily shed one or two in a week. I don’t always have the luxury of time to work out but when I feel sluggish and a bit heavy, I make an effort to do something.

You don’t have to run out and get an expensive gym membership. You can do some simple stretching, weight lifting, aerobics, yoga, etc. Check out YouTube videos for simple exercises that you can do at home. Just remember to consult your doctor first before doing any exercise programs.

Eat more
Yes, eat more! Just don’t eat junk food and other unhealthy stuff. I usually have 5 meals a day. 7 is actually ideal. This is an example of what I eat:

Breakfast: 2 Whole grain toasts with Nutella or orange marmalade, 1 glass of soy milk, 2 glasses of cold water. Sometimes I add a cup of yogurt.

Snack 1: Orange wedges or grapes

Lunch: Grilled cheese sandwich, tomato soup, prune juice. Sometimes I eat rice with any viand that is available.

Snack 2: Banana chips or nuts (cashews, peanuts, almonds) and a glass of cranberry juice.

Dinner: Rice and whatever viand is available and a glass of Gatorade. I sometimes eat 2 pieces of Ferrero Rocher or half a scoop of vanilla ice cream when I’m craving for something sweet.

I avoid eating before sleeping but sometimes I really do get hungry and I just reach out for crackers or vanilla cookies, just a few pieces to tide my growling stomach over.

Part of being beautiful outside is maintaining your health on the inside. I believe that good health is a factor in being beautiful that’s why I shared these tips with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails