Friday, May 10, 2013

Time for a Summer Makeup Kit Makeover! (Part 1)

Summer is really crazy here in Manila! I kinda wish I was still working in an office where there is air conditioning for 9 hours. I don’t know how I’m surviving this heat. I can’t even go to the mall to cool down. Anyway, since it’s summer, I’m sure that everyone has changed their wardrobe to fit the temperature. But, have you thought about giving your makeup kit a makeover? You should! Here are my tips for a summer makeup kit.

First, you need a bright summery makeup kit. I just found out that I don’t have any summer makeup kits! My Kenzo kit is the closest one I got and it does not even remind me of summer…it reminds me of spring (or Christmas even)!

kenzo makeup kit, bitsandtreats

Next, use whatever foundation you are comfortable wearing but if you can find a brightening sun powder, add this to your kit. I use the brightening sun powder from Laneige.

laneige brightening sun powder, bitsandtreats

This is SPF50+ PA+++. It looks new because I keep forgetting to use it. I should really put this in my kit. This powder smells so good.

Then for the eyes, don’t forget to inject some green into your regular routine. It is, after all, the color of the year and what better way to experiment with color than in the summer time!

green eye shadows, bitsandtreats

Be sure to use a good primer to make your eye shadow last the whole day. You can also use a cream shadow. Just remember to set it with powder shadow to avoid smudging.

green cream eye shadow, bitsandtreats

Use a waterproof liquid liner to take you from day to night:

kiss me liquid liner, bitsandtreats

Stay tuned for part two of this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails