Skip to main content

Sacred Rest: My Menstrual Ritual + A Calming Inhaler for Lady Flo Days





They told us to push through.

They told us to hustle harder.

But my body speaks a different language.


Every month, when Lady Flo visits, I don’t treat her like an inconvenience — I treat her like a teacher.


This is my sacred rest ritual. No guilt. No pushing. No pressure. Just deep honoring of the body that carries me through every season.


Because sometimes the softest moments become the most powerful rituals we create for ourselves.


And when I need help grounding, breathing, and softening — this is the blend I reach for.

🌙What is Sacred Rest?

A personal ritual I created during my most sensitive days. Sacred Rest is my way of honoring my body’s wisdom — especially when it’s bleeding. Learn more about my sacred rest ritual here. 

I used to feel guilty for slowing down. Now I see rest as an act of devotion.

Sacred Rest is intentional stillness, not weakness. It’s choosing to listen instead of push. When the world gets loud, I don’t raise my voice—I lower my pace.

My body is my first altar. This is how I take care of her.

“The world told me to grind.
My body whispered, bleed and be still.
I chose to listen.”

🩸 My Flo Week Philosophy

Aside from resting, I also pause on my skincare routine. 

I slowly reintroduce products into my routine as Lady Flo prepares to leave. It's not about products - it's about presence. 

I've noticed that with this pause, my nervous system stays calm. The rashes fades faster. My emotions regulate. 

It’s not a trend. It’s ancestral remembering.


Resting during my period isn’t just self-care—it’s soul-care passed down by the women before me.


Another thing that I do during Flo Week that I forgot to mention in my other post is to hydrate a lot. I hydrate more in these 5 days than any day in the month. It’s like my body is rinsing not just blood, but energy that’s no longer mine to carry.



This is my tumbler. It holds 40 oz. I drink about 1.5 to 2 of these per day during Flo Week. 

When I was pregnant with my son, I bled thrice. Time and time again, the nurses and my OB would tell me to drink water to flush out the blood and then eventually, the old blood. I've carried this wisdom over during period days. And it really does help. Yes, bleeding makes me more thirsty than usual, but the frequent trips to the bathroom also helps push things along.  

🌬️ My Sacred Inhaler Blend (MCAS-Safe)

A ritual in a tube — made to help me breathe deeper and come home to myself.


🌸 Purpose:

  • 💤 Ease physical tension and cramping
  • 🌬️ Promote deep rest and gentle breathing
  • 🧘‍♀️ Emotionally grounding for hormonal dips

🌿 Blend Formula:

How to Use:

  • Drop oils into an empty inhaler with cotton wick. Lock it in. 
  • Inhale slowly and deeply when you feel pain, overwhelm, or fatigue. I inhale for five times in one session. I do this about 2-3x a day. 
  • Keep by your bedside, desk, or purse. 

💫 Why I Made This Inhaler

I believe that not all healing comes in a pill. I don't use a pill to get rid of my menstrual pains. I believe that the chemicals in that pill will interfere with my body's processes. 

I believe in the healing powers of natural things like essential oils. I wanted something sacred and portable, that's why I put the oils in an inhaler. I wanted something living on my desk that I can get whenever my body needs a gentle helping hand. 

This blend doesn't just help with cramps, it helps me come back to myself. Helps me to become grounded, stay soft, and still. One breath and I remember—my softness is not weakness. It is power wrapped in grace.


And because when the world feels too loud, this inhaler whispers a soft "shhh" to my nervous system. 

Giving Myself Permission to Rest


When I say sacred rest, I mean sacred. This blend is my permission slip to breathe slow, feel safe, and let go. 

Don't wait for burnout to pause.

Don't wait for permission to soften.

Your body already knows what it needs. Let her lead. And let this blend be part of your ritual. 💜

You don’t need to do more to be worthy of rest. You already are.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Luxe Staycations: Binondo Series - The Great Buddha, Curated Purchases from Eng Bee Tin, and Last Thoughts About Ramada

After buying a lot of stuff on the first floor, we headed upstairs to eat a light lunch. Mom was getting hungry. My son and I just ate, but we said that we will accompany her and will just order something light. 

All About Eyes

Lately I’m finding myself obsessed with skin care products, prevention in particular. I'm not getting younger and nobody likes lines and wrinkles, right? I should have done this in my early twenties but those were hard times and we didn’t have enough to support our daily lives, let alone vanity splurges. So now, I’m on hyper mode. I did not place any expectations on this product. I’ve had it with products claiming they can do this and that. I just tried the product thinking that if it works then great, if not then I’ll just find a new one. I wasn’t expecting a dramatic change but 2 weeks into using this product, I noticed that my under eye area has become lighter. The lines are also not as deep as they were before I used this product. I stopped using the Garnier eye products because I’m allergic to them so that means I’m not using any whitening products for that area. I am truly impressed with this product. I didn’t take a before and after photo as I wasn’t expecting this at ...

Alone Time

My good friend Kitten and I were supposed to go out yesterday but she had some unexpected things come up. I needed to buy some stuff as I am packing for a trip and so I went alone. I actually enjoy going out alone as much as going out with girlfriends or MB. It gives me a chance to eat whatever I like to eat and explore new restos. It’s also nice to take my time when shopping. After paying my bills, I had a late lunch at Toast Box: I love Hainanese Chicken. I sometimes cook this dish but it’s too tedious so I settle for eating out. I’m so happy that there are now restaurants that serve proper Hainanese Chicken. Well, except that one above was sooooo bloody. It was swimming in blood when I pulled the meat apart so I had it changed. You know what Gordon Ramsay says, bloody chicken is poisonous. This is the second time I ate at Toast Box and in both times, the chicken was so bloody. After lunch, I started shopping. First stop was Beabi where I bought these: The Sakura thermos on...