Skip to main content

Is your foundation perfectly real?

Mine is. I use this:

foundation box, by bitsandtreats

case box, by bitsandtreats

Clinique has one of the best foundations in the makeup world. I would say out front that this is one expensive foundation but it is all worth it.

clinique perfectly real radiant skin makeup refillable compact, by bitsandtreats

The foundation is encased in a sleek silver compact. You press the silver buttons on both sides and the silver cover lifts slowly, revealing your foundation:

clinique perfectly real radiant skin compact foundation, by bitsandtreats

I have since lost that sponge (well, actually, it fell on a public bathroom floor and so I chucked it). I used Victoria Vogue sponges as replacements but I find that my Sigma There’s Something About Marilyn Kabuki Brush (to blog about it soon)  is a better replacement.

This shade is lighter than my skin color because I’m acidic. It took a while for Beauty Expert Baby and I to figure out the best shade for me. The reason why I tried this foundation is because I noticed that the Maybelline Angelfit Foundation was making me look ashy. The Clinique Beauty Experts noticed that too.

This foundation looks a bit white when I apply it but after a few minutes, it disappears into my skin. It’s very gentle and the texture is wonderful. It’s very nice to apply on clean skin. When I retouch, I remove the excess oil on my face first with an oil blotter then apply with my buki brush. I only need to reapply about twice a day (3 if I’m out until  evening). Most of the time I just retouch my blush and lippie.

I suggested this to my mom and it really suits here. Once we were out shopping and walking in the hot streets of Singapore the whole day and when we got back to the hotel, her foundation was still on. She was not oily at all. It also holds well during flights.

Like most high end brands, you buy the product and the case separately. The foundation costs Php1,850 while the compact costs Php800. There’s a smaller compact but I like this long one better because of the opening mechanism. It’s fun to watch it open, it’s like a cellphone. LOL…

It’s been almost 4 months and I’ve hit pan but there’s still a lot of product left. I reckon it will last me for 1-2 months more. So if you do the math, 6 months is not bad for a Php1,850 foundation that lasts and makes your face radiant.

I bought another foundation from another brand just because I want to compare. I will use that after I finish this. But I will definitely use the Clinique Perfectly Real Radiant Skin Foundation again.

What’s the best high end foundation you’ve used so far?

Comments

  1. Can you post a video of the compact opening? Haha! I don't mind paying a premium for well-designed packaging, as long as it fits my needs. :)

    My only high end foundation at this point is Estee Lauder mineral makeup, which actually looks nice but is a shade too light so I'm careful to wear it only during daytime (so my face doesn't shine out of the darkness at night haha). I'm bent on buying a MAC foundation tomorrow, though. *crossing fingers* :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was contemplating on doing that video but I thought that people might find it corny or baduy. Now I'm going to do it!

    Wow MAC! blog please! Na excite din tuloy ako sa iyo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!! I like the reason you have for buying this particular compact. =)) Just for the opening mechanism! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm saving up for Clinique's Superfit foundation, I loved the result on my face.


    For now, no high end foundation yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow... i laaahhhvvveeett. i noticed that the MAC and Clinique kiosks in Trinoma are on sale?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @John: No idea, sorry. I don't go there eh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay for good foundies! i used to use clinique foundies. =) i use many foundies actually hehehe. :/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Soul Notes: For Your Journal Tonight

Come sit with me for a while. I have my journal open, and tonight I’ve been thinking about something I suspect I do more often than I realize. I turn healing into another thing I need to accomplish. I want to know when I’ll be over something. When I’ll stop thinking about it. When something that hurt will finally stop hurting. When I’ll feel like myself again. And somewhere along the way, healing quietly becomes another deadline. Another invisible date on a calendar. Another thing I can somehow be late for. But maybe healing doesn’t work particularly well under project management. Maybe there are things I will understand quickly and things I’ll have to revisit again and again. Maybe I’ll feel completely fine one day and unexpectedly tender the next. That doesn’t mean I’ve gone backwards. It means I’m still moving through it. I remember one day, many years ago, when I had fibromyalgia. I lived in constant pain. I just couldn’t get a good day. And then one day, in the office...

Used to the Last Drop: The Ones I’d Already Told You About

  There’s something particularly satisfying about finishing a product you’ve already written about. Not testing it. Not forming first impressions. Not wondering whether I’ll still like it three weeks from now. Finished. My Molang Honey sheet masks and this body scrub both made it all the way to the end. (Finally for the Molang sheet masks, right?) I’ve reviewed both before, so I won’t review them all over again here. But perhaps using something until there is nothing left to use is its own kind of review. Beauty products come through my bathroom rather frequently. Some are lovely for a week. Some get pushed to the back of a shelf. Some simply stop working for me. And then there are the ones that quietly disappear because I kept reaching for them. Maybe an empty container is the shortest review of all. I liked it enough to finish it. If you want to read my thought about these products, just type them on my search bar. —- With elegance and quiet fire, Lady E Founder, Glow by Lady E...

The Pleasure of Leaving It Behind

  I really liked this dress. Enough that I stood there looking at it for far longer than necessary, having that familiar little debate with myself. It was black. Simple. Very me. I could already imagine how I would wear it. There was only one problem. The fabric was thick. And perhaps in another climate, or another version of my life, that wouldn’t matter very much. But I live in the Philippines. We’re going through El Niño. Heat and I are already not particularly good friends, and my histamine sensitivity has made me even less willing to wear something that might leave me uncomfortable simply because it looks good. Still, I stood there. Because sometimes walking away from something we like is strangely difficult, even when we already know it isn’t right for us. We start negotiating. Maybe I’ll only wear it indoors. Maybe the fabric isn’t that thick. Maybe I’ll regret leaving it behind. Then I realized I was trying awfully hard to convince myself to buy something my body had alrea...