Skip to main content

Stellar Stella?

I snub all other magazines because for me, Cosmo is the best. I think Stella magazine has been around for some time now but it's only last Monday that I was able to see it - at Waltermart nonetheless! I bought this copy at Bibliarch for P120. What drew me to the magazine is the cover's texture. It's matte laminated. I'm forever a Cosmo chick but I said what the heck, a little peek wouldn't hurt, right?
I think the photography was excellent. I don't like Heart but her pictures here spoke to me. Never mind the blank or awkward stares at times. I just liked how the pictures came out. They were simple but artistically done. I'm not a photographer and I don't claim to be an expert on pictures. I am simply stating how I feel about the photography in Stella.

Here are some of the sections that caught my eye:
How to transform clothes from day to night.

Style guide for every shape.

Clothes, clothes and more clothes! Believe me, they featured a lot of clothes in this issue. What's also great about this is, they featured affordable clothes - mostly from SM. You don't have to break the bank to look fasyon.

Makeup tutorials.

I like the fact that they showed exactly what make up brands to use for a particular face. Plus points also for making a step-by-step guide on applying make up with a matching drawing. I would like to learn more make up techniques and this easy to follow guide was a big help. I mean, doesn't it bother you when magazines show the model's whole face on a page then just put a little write up in the corner? How the heck would regular people understand that? What Stella did was fantastic.

I give Stella 3 stars out of 5. I think it's too expensive for a 2-month issue. It's too thin compared to Cosmo. But on the other hand, Cosmo has more advertisements. I like the first half of Stella. I was getting bored towards the end. I just looked at the pictures most of the time, occasionally reading paragraphs that catch my eye. Will I repurchase? I don't know. It depends on who's going to be the cover and the topics they will feature.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soul Notes: For Your Journal Tonight

Come sit with me for a while. I have my journal open, and tonight I’ve been thinking about something I suspect I do more often than I realize. I turn healing into another thing I need to accomplish. I want to know when I’ll be over something. When I’ll stop thinking about it. When something that hurt will finally stop hurting. When I’ll feel like myself again. And somewhere along the way, healing quietly becomes another deadline. Another invisible date on a calendar. Another thing I can somehow be late for. But maybe healing doesn’t work particularly well under project management. Maybe there are things I will understand quickly and things I’ll have to revisit again and again. Maybe I’ll feel completely fine one day and unexpectedly tender the next. That doesn’t mean I’ve gone backwards. It means I’m still moving through it. I remember one day, many years ago, when I had fibromyalgia. I lived in constant pain. I just couldn’t get a good day. And then one day, in the office...

Used to the Last Drop: The Ones I’d Already Told You About

  There’s something particularly satisfying about finishing a product you’ve already written about. Not testing it. Not forming first impressions. Not wondering whether I’ll still like it three weeks from now. Finished. My Molang Honey sheet masks and this body scrub both made it all the way to the end. (Finally for the Molang sheet masks, right?) I’ve reviewed both before, so I won’t review them all over again here. But perhaps using something until there is nothing left to use is its own kind of review. Beauty products come through my bathroom rather frequently. Some are lovely for a week. Some get pushed to the back of a shelf. Some simply stop working for me. And then there are the ones that quietly disappear because I kept reaching for them. Maybe an empty container is the shortest review of all. I liked it enough to finish it. If you want to read my thought about these products, just type them on my search bar. —- With elegance and quiet fire, Lady E Founder, Glow by Lady E...

Part 1: I Finally Had Enough of My Dry Feet and Did Something About It

  I have been annoyed with my feet for months. Not because there was anything particularly wrong with them. They were just dry . Really dry. And you know I have a problem with dryness (hello skin, lips). And somehow, despite noticing this constantly, I kept doing absolutely nothing about it. The moment that gets me every time is when I’m waiting for my son at piano class. I’ll sit down, cross my legs, look down at my slip-ons or sandals and there they are. My dry, flaky feet. Then I become painfully aware that there are other people sitting beside me who can probably see them too. 😂 Every time, I think, I really need to do something about this. And then piano class ends, life resumes, and apparently my feet are no longer part of my jurisdiction. Eventually, I had enough. I found this Mond’Sub Chamomile Foot Peeling Spray at KKV and decided that my poor neglected feet were finally getting some attention. The process wasn’t glamorous. There was peeling skin involved. There were bits...