Skip to main content

Trying Out New Products from Watsons


I haven't been updating this blog as much as I should because my life revolves around mommy duties. It's hard being a mom. You wouldn't know how hard until you experience it yourself. In saying that, I have been doing some self-reflection over the past few days. I am burning out. And lately, I have been turning to beauty products and shopping to cope. I know it's not really an ideal "escape" or coping mechanism but these things really make me happy. I can't deny it. Today, we went to the mall for some errands and grocery shopping. I visited a few beauty stores which I haven't been into for years. It felt really good. I told my husband to please bear with me as I needed it. I needed to look at beautiful things. I didn't buy anything, well except for the brow razors from TFS but I felt really relaxed after leaving the stores.

My last stop was Watsons. I went from aisle to aisle, looking at familiar and new products. I decided to do a little bit of shopping and these are what I came home with:


  • Purederm Collagen Makeup Remover Wipes
  • Purederm Argan Oil Makeup Remover Wipes
  • Himalaya Herbals Nourishing Skin Cream
  • Nivea Creme in this I-can't-resist tin
  • Himalaya Herbals Almond and Cucumber Peel-off Mask
I am very excited to try the nourishing skin cream. I've read great reviews about it. I already tried the makeup remover wipes and I can say that I'm not happy with them. They don't do a good job removing makeup especially waterproof eyeliners (my Urban Decay one). I thought the Argan Oil variant would be different but it's the same as the collagen variant. They both leave my skin feeling dry. I had to wipe off the remaining makeup with my Nivea Makeup Remover Wipes. And because I don't like the oily feel of it, I would use my son's wipes to get rid of the oily feeling. 

I have my fingers crossed for the other products. I'll keep you posted. 


P.S.

I probably won't use the cute Nivea Creme as I still have about 90% of the big one and it's too freaking cute!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soul Notes: For Your Journal Tonight

Come sit with me for a while. I have my journal open, and tonight I’ve been thinking about something I suspect I do more often than I realize. I turn healing into another thing I need to accomplish. I want to know when I’ll be over something. When I’ll stop thinking about it. When something that hurt will finally stop hurting. When I’ll feel like myself again. And somewhere along the way, healing quietly becomes another deadline. Another invisible date on a calendar. Another thing I can somehow be late for. But maybe healing doesn’t work particularly well under project management. Maybe there are things I will understand quickly and things I’ll have to revisit again and again. Maybe I’ll feel completely fine one day and unexpectedly tender the next. That doesn’t mean I’ve gone backwards. It means I’m still moving through it. I remember one day, many years ago, when I had fibromyalgia. I lived in constant pain. I just couldn’t get a good day. And then one day, in the office...

Used to the Last Drop: The Ones I’d Already Told You About

  There’s something particularly satisfying about finishing a product you’ve already written about. Not testing it. Not forming first impressions. Not wondering whether I’ll still like it three weeks from now. Finished. My Molang Honey sheet masks and this body scrub both made it all the way to the end. (Finally for the Molang sheet masks, right?) I’ve reviewed both before, so I won’t review them all over again here. But perhaps using something until there is nothing left to use is its own kind of review. Beauty products come through my bathroom rather frequently. Some are lovely for a week. Some get pushed to the back of a shelf. Some simply stop working for me. And then there are the ones that quietly disappear because I kept reaching for them. Maybe an empty container is the shortest review of all. I liked it enough to finish it. If you want to read my thought about these products, just type them on my search bar. —- With elegance and quiet fire, Lady E Founder, Glow by Lady E...

The Pleasure of Leaving It Behind

  I really liked this dress. Enough that I stood there looking at it for far longer than necessary, having that familiar little debate with myself. It was black. Simple. Very me. I could already imagine how I would wear it. There was only one problem. The fabric was thick. And perhaps in another climate, or another version of my life, that wouldn’t matter very much. But I live in the Philippines. We’re going through El Niño. Heat and I are already not particularly good friends, and my histamine sensitivity has made me even less willing to wear something that might leave me uncomfortable simply because it looks good. Still, I stood there. Because sometimes walking away from something we like is strangely difficult, even when we already know it isn’t right for us. We start negotiating. Maybe I’ll only wear it indoors. Maybe the fabric isn’t that thick. Maybe I’ll regret leaving it behind. Then I realized I was trying awfully hard to convince myself to buy something my body had alrea...