Skip to main content

My Thoughts on the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette

naked2, bitsandtreats


The Naked 2 palette was launched last year. A lot of beauty bloggers were excited about it. I wasn’t. One Naked is enough for me. This was not a very popular item in Hyphen also and so I got one palette.

ud naked2, bitsandtreats

The shades are very close to the original Naked. The quality of the eye shadows is excellent though as expected from Urban Decay.

urban decay naked 2 palette, bitsandtrats

I love some of the colors like Foxy, Tease and Pistol. I also love the hard case. I like this better than the dirt magnet that is the original Naked.

naked 2 palette, bitsandtreats


What I really love about this palette is the brush. I don’t like the fact that it’s dual ended as it’s hard to store. I would like to include this brush in my brush holder but that will just ruin the other end. It’s a really nice blending brush. I also sometimes use it to apply color and it does not disappoint.

Overall, I can’t say that this is better than the original Naked. They both have neutrals and smokey shadows. The main differences are the casing and the brushes. I got the old Naked palette so I got the eye liner with it which I’m very happy about. It’s a tie for me. Now will I get the Naked Basics? Absolutely not! I’m not a huge fan of neutrals. We might have it available at Hyphen though.

Here is a quickie look I made using the Naked 2:

IMG_4979



IMG_4980


IMG_4981


IMG_4982


IMG_4983

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soul Notes: For Your Journal Tonight

Come sit with me for a while. I have my journal open, and tonight I’ve been thinking about something I suspect I do more often than I realize. I turn healing into another thing I need to accomplish. I want to know when I’ll be over something. When I’ll stop thinking about it. When something that hurt will finally stop hurting. When I’ll feel like myself again. And somewhere along the way, healing quietly becomes another deadline. Another invisible date on a calendar. Another thing I can somehow be late for. But maybe healing doesn’t work particularly well under project management. Maybe there are things I will understand quickly and things I’ll have to revisit again and again. Maybe I’ll feel completely fine one day and unexpectedly tender the next. That doesn’t mean I’ve gone backwards. It means I’m still moving through it. I remember one day, many years ago, when I had fibromyalgia. I lived in constant pain. I just couldn’t get a good day. And then one day, in the office...

Part 1: I Finally Had Enough of My Dry Feet and Did Something About It

  I have been annoyed with my feet for months. Not because there was anything particularly wrong with them. They were just dry . Really dry. And you know I have a problem with dryness (hello skin, lips). And somehow, despite noticing this constantly, I kept doing absolutely nothing about it. The moment that gets me every time is when I’m waiting for my son at piano class. I’ll sit down, cross my legs, look down at my slip-ons or sandals and there they are. My dry, flaky feet. Then I become painfully aware that there are other people sitting beside me who can probably see them too. 😂 Every time, I think, I really need to do something about this. And then piano class ends, life resumes, and apparently my feet are no longer part of my jurisdiction. Eventually, I had enough. I found this Mond’Sub Chamomile Foot Peeling Spray at KKV and decided that my poor neglected feet were finally getting some attention. The process wasn’t glamorous. There was peeling skin involved. There were bits...

Used to the Last Drop: The Ones I’d Already Told You About

  There’s something particularly satisfying about finishing a product you’ve already written about. Not testing it. Not forming first impressions. Not wondering whether I’ll still like it three weeks from now. Finished. My Molang Honey sheet masks and this body scrub both made it all the way to the end. (Finally for the Molang sheet masks, right?) I’ve reviewed both before, so I won’t review them all over again here. But perhaps using something until there is nothing left to use is its own kind of review. Beauty products come through my bathroom rather frequently. Some are lovely for a week. Some get pushed to the back of a shelf. Some simply stop working for me. And then there are the ones that quietly disappear because I kept reaching for them. Maybe an empty container is the shortest review of all. I liked it enough to finish it. If you want to read my thought about these products, just type them on my search bar. —- With elegance and quiet fire, Lady E Founder, Glow by Lady E...