Skip to main content

Myra Vita Glow Tinted Facial Moisturizer


This product has its merits - for other people perhaps. Unfortunately, Myra Vita Glow didn't work out for me.  There are two shades - Ivory and Beige (if I'm not mistaken). I chose Ivory for the obvious reason that it's lighter and therefore friendly to my acidic skin. It turns out, it's too light for my skin tone. But, after a few minutes, it blended well into my original color. (Whoa, is my skin that acidic?) 

I use this as a makeup base. I still use my Garnier moisturizer prior to application. Myra is quite hard to apply on my face though. I use a sponge and it takes a lot of light rubbing and massaging for it to be absorbed by my skin. Also, the moisturizer has a bit of sparkle/glitter in it. I think that's where the 'VITA GLOW' comes from. I don't like the fact that it makes me look like a wannabe Cullen. Yeah, the glitters are big enough for you to see on a regular mirror. 

My makeup also doesn't stay on for long. It glides off. I have to retouch my makeup when I get to the office. It also makes my T-zone oily. The 'glow' also doesn't last for long. 

I gave this to my mom and so far she has no complaints about it but I'm also not sure if she has already tried it. She has acidic skin too so the shade won't be a problem. 

The good thing about this product is it's gentle on my sensitive skin. It doesn't have any weird smell and is very affordable for only P135 for that tube. I think it only comes in one size. That's all I've seen in SM and at Watsons. I also like the fact that it has SPF 15. It's great for people who don't like applying sticky sunblock on their face. 

I'm going back to my TFS makeup base and foundation. But if you're looking for an everyday foundation/moisturizer/sunblock rolled into one that's affordable, I suggest you give Myra Vita Glow Tinted Facial Moisturizer a try. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Luxe Staycations: Binondo Series - The Great Buddha, Curated Purchases from Eng Bee Tin, and Last Thoughts About Ramada

After buying a lot of stuff on the first floor, we headed upstairs to eat a light lunch. Mom was getting hungry. My son and I just ate, but we said that we will accompany her and will just order something light. 

All About Eyes

Lately I’m finding myself obsessed with skin care products, prevention in particular. I'm not getting younger and nobody likes lines and wrinkles, right? I should have done this in my early twenties but those were hard times and we didn’t have enough to support our daily lives, let alone vanity splurges. So now, I’m on hyper mode. I did not place any expectations on this product. I’ve had it with products claiming they can do this and that. I just tried the product thinking that if it works then great, if not then I’ll just find a new one. I wasn’t expecting a dramatic change but 2 weeks into using this product, I noticed that my under eye area has become lighter. The lines are also not as deep as they were before I used this product. I stopped using the Garnier eye products because I’m allergic to them so that means I’m not using any whitening products for that area. I am truly impressed with this product. I didn’t take a before and after photo as I wasn’t expecting this at ...

Alone Time

My good friend Kitten and I were supposed to go out yesterday but she had some unexpected things come up. I needed to buy some stuff as I am packing for a trip and so I went alone. I actually enjoy going out alone as much as going out with girlfriends or MB. It gives me a chance to eat whatever I like to eat and explore new restos. It’s also nice to take my time when shopping. After paying my bills, I had a late lunch at Toast Box: I love Hainanese Chicken. I sometimes cook this dish but it’s too tedious so I settle for eating out. I’m so happy that there are now restaurants that serve proper Hainanese Chicken. Well, except that one above was sooooo bloody. It was swimming in blood when I pulled the meat apart so I had it changed. You know what Gordon Ramsay says, bloody chicken is poisonous. This is the second time I ate at Toast Box and in both times, the chicken was so bloody. After lunch, I started shopping. First stop was Beabi where I bought these: The Sakura thermos on...