Skip to main content

For the Boys

When I buy new products, I allow myself at least 2 weeks to a month before I do a review. It might seem that the products I feature here are always new but in truth, they’ve been sitting around in my vanity or bathroom for quite some time now, being tested. There are even times when I feature a product that has already reached pan i.e. Nivea Angel Star Body Soufflé.

This product is no exception:

loreal men expert hydra energetic detoxifying foam, by bitsandtreats L’oreal Men Expert Hydra Energetic Detoxifying Foam 

MB has been using this for a month now and so we can safely evaluate it. It claims to instantly detoxify skin – Check. Reveals more radiant – Check, even skin – X.

MB is fair. He’s actually 5x whiter than me but his face is oily so the oil makes him look darker. After using this, his face became brighter but the oil is still there. I’ve noticed that his face is softer now. His face is still oily but not as oily as before. So I guessed this facial foam controlled that a bit. He also didn’t break out and didn’t get allergies. Sometimes he has sensitive skin.He used Pond’s before and he broke out.

It’s funny how men say that they’re not vain or that they ‘pretend’ to cringe whenever we buy them ‘beauty products’. When I was shopping at Watsons, I happened to see this and asked MB if he wanted to try it. He said no. I insisted and went to the cashier immediately to pay for it so that I won’t hear any buts or no’s anymore. When we got home, he was very excited to take this out of the eco tote and carefully read the label. See, they’re vain. Who doesn’t want to look good anyway?

Next time I’ll be purchasing the oil control variant to see what works better for him. The L’oreal Men Expert Hydra Energetic Detoxifying Foam costs Php195 at Watsons and Beauty by SM.

Comments

  1. thanks dear for sharing the bf will love this.. mas vain sakin hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. they're like that naman tlga. ayaw pa nilang umamin! hay, boys...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Luxe Staycations: Binondo Series - The Great Buddha, Curated Purchases from Eng Bee Tin, and Last Thoughts About Ramada

After buying a lot of stuff on the first floor, we headed upstairs to eat a light lunch. Mom was getting hungry. My son and I just ate, but we said that we will accompany her and will just order something light. 

All About Eyes

Lately I’m finding myself obsessed with skin care products, prevention in particular. I'm not getting younger and nobody likes lines and wrinkles, right? I should have done this in my early twenties but those were hard times and we didn’t have enough to support our daily lives, let alone vanity splurges. So now, I’m on hyper mode. I did not place any expectations on this product. I’ve had it with products claiming they can do this and that. I just tried the product thinking that if it works then great, if not then I’ll just find a new one. I wasn’t expecting a dramatic change but 2 weeks into using this product, I noticed that my under eye area has become lighter. The lines are also not as deep as they were before I used this product. I stopped using the Garnier eye products because I’m allergic to them so that means I’m not using any whitening products for that area. I am truly impressed with this product. I didn’t take a before and after photo as I wasn’t expecting this at ...

Alone Time

My good friend Kitten and I were supposed to go out yesterday but she had some unexpected things come up. I needed to buy some stuff as I am packing for a trip and so I went alone. I actually enjoy going out alone as much as going out with girlfriends or MB. It gives me a chance to eat whatever I like to eat and explore new restos. It’s also nice to take my time when shopping. After paying my bills, I had a late lunch at Toast Box: I love Hainanese Chicken. I sometimes cook this dish but it’s too tedious so I settle for eating out. I’m so happy that there are now restaurants that serve proper Hainanese Chicken. Well, except that one above was sooooo bloody. It was swimming in blood when I pulled the meat apart so I had it changed. You know what Gordon Ramsay says, bloody chicken is poisonous. This is the second time I ate at Toast Box and in both times, the chicken was so bloody. After lunch, I started shopping. First stop was Beabi where I bought these: The Sakura thermos on...