Skip to main content

More Marionnaud Brushes!

I love Marionnaud brushes! They’re very affordable and in my opinion, they’re very useful and perform really well.
marionnaud brushes, by bitsandtreats Marionnaud Assorted Brushes with case

I bought these three brushes when they were on sale, sometime in July. I got them for around Php40 each!!! Even now, almost 2 months after, I still smile every time I pick up any of these brushes because I remember that great bargain!

marionnaud brushes, by bitsandtreats Marionnaud Eye Shadow Brush, Pointed Eye Shadow Brush, Spoolie with Slanted Brush

Let’s examine them one by one. First, the eye shadow brush:

marionnaud n 35 yeux eye shadow brush, by bitsandtreats Marionnaud N35 Yeux Brush

I don’t use this brush that often especially when I’m in a hurry because the head is smaller compared to my other e/s brushes. But, it’s very useful for more precise application or if you have monolids. Because of the small head, you can control the amount and coverage area of the shadow. You can create lids if and when needed.

marionnaud n 35 yeux eye shadow brush head, by bitsandtreats Close-up

The only thing I don’t like about this brush is the e/s sticks to it like glue. I don’t know why. Maybe it’s the primer but I don’t experience this with my other brushes. It’s also hard to clean because of that.

Next is the Pointed Eye Shadow Brush:

marionnaud pointed eyeshadow brush, by bitsandtreats Marionnaud Pointed Eye Shadow Brush

I use this brush for the inner corners of my eyes or when I want to layer colors on the outer V of my eyes. Because of the pointed tip, I get to create very precise lines. It’s very seldom that I use this because I just keep forgetting that I have it!

pointed marionnaud eyeshadow brush head, by bitsandtreats 
This is easier to wash than the eye shadow brush above.

Lastly, and my favorite among the three:

marionnaud spoolie and slanted brush, by bitsandtreats Marionnaud Spoolie and Slanted Brush

I use this every single day to groom my eyebrows. The spoolie is the right texture – soft but firm. The slanted brush is the same too. It’s not too soft and it’s firm and stable enough to line my eyebrows. This brush combo is also very easy to clean. The slanted brush comes with a brush guard.

marionnaud slanted brush close up, by bitsandtreats

close up of marionnaud spoolie, by bitsandtreats

All the brushes are very soft, not scratchy at all. They bled on the first few washes but stopped soon enough. They don’t shed. These are definitely great buys. If you’re starting out on makeup, I recommend getting these brushes. Next,  I’m going to buy the kabuki brush for my mom.

Marionnaud brushes are available at Watsons and Beauty by SM. Prices start at Php69.75.

Comments

  1. Great post, I'll but the one with the spoolie, thanks for posting. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. will buy this one for sure!
    thanks for the review...
    i really like the way you review things hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should check these brushes out. Been hearing lots of good things about them! Hahaa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Luxe Staycations: Binondo Series - The Great Buddha, Curated Purchases from Eng Bee Tin, and Last Thoughts About Ramada

After buying a lot of stuff on the first floor, we headed upstairs to eat a light lunch. Mom was getting hungry. My son and I just ate, but we said that we will accompany her and will just order something light. 

All About Eyes

Lately I’m finding myself obsessed with skin care products, prevention in particular. I'm not getting younger and nobody likes lines and wrinkles, right? I should have done this in my early twenties but those were hard times and we didn’t have enough to support our daily lives, let alone vanity splurges. So now, I’m on hyper mode. I did not place any expectations on this product. I’ve had it with products claiming they can do this and that. I just tried the product thinking that if it works then great, if not then I’ll just find a new one. I wasn’t expecting a dramatic change but 2 weeks into using this product, I noticed that my under eye area has become lighter. The lines are also not as deep as they were before I used this product. I stopped using the Garnier eye products because I’m allergic to them so that means I’m not using any whitening products for that area. I am truly impressed with this product. I didn’t take a before and after photo as I wasn’t expecting this at ...

Alone Time

My good friend Kitten and I were supposed to go out yesterday but she had some unexpected things come up. I needed to buy some stuff as I am packing for a trip and so I went alone. I actually enjoy going out alone as much as going out with girlfriends or MB. It gives me a chance to eat whatever I like to eat and explore new restos. It’s also nice to take my time when shopping. After paying my bills, I had a late lunch at Toast Box: I love Hainanese Chicken. I sometimes cook this dish but it’s too tedious so I settle for eating out. I’m so happy that there are now restaurants that serve proper Hainanese Chicken. Well, except that one above was sooooo bloody. It was swimming in blood when I pulled the meat apart so I had it changed. You know what Gordon Ramsay says, bloody chicken is poisonous. This is the second time I ate at Toast Box and in both times, the chicken was so bloody. After lunch, I started shopping. First stop was Beabi where I bought these: The Sakura thermos on...