Skip to main content

My First Anna Sui

This is also another post that I owe Kitten. I got this Anna Sui Super-Black Full Mascara on my recent trip abroad.

anna sui mascara and box, by bitsandtreats

I asked the SA if this was waterproof and she said, “No, it’s water resistant! You can go swimming and it will remain on your lashes” Taray!  So I got one and I also got the beauty box that I showed you in my recent vanity post.

This is indeed super black and I love it! Although it’s water resistant, it’s easy to remove with my Etude House Mascara and Lip & Eye Makeup removers.

I love the fact that it didn’t make my lashes fall out (remember Maybelline?) and it didn’t make my eyes itch. It withstood a whole day (and night) of shopping.

Here’s the wand:
anna sui mascara wand, by bitsandtreats

It’s quite long, longer than my regular mascaras. I have a couple of problems though. One is, I think because it’s a thick mascara, it clumps up on the edge of the wand. Another thing is it dries super slow. I always end up with a few smudges on my under eye area. To remedy that, I blot it to get rid of the excess mascara.

Here’s how it looks on me:
anna sui mascara on my lashes, by bitsandtreats

It’s quite expensive for a mascara. I think this is about more or less Php1,000. I just wanted to try an Anna Sui product and I’m glad it didn’t disappoint. Will I buy this again? Probably not as I’m very satisfied with Maybelline mascaras that are cheaper. Plus there’s still a lot of brands out there that are waiting to be discovered.

Comments

  1. the packaging is lovely, i'd have to agree, there are other mascara's out there waiting to be discovered. great review~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I heard the name Anna Sui...I remember my full name A** S******..wahhh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! this is expensive nga..hehe I like the packaging though cute..
    New blogger and follower here, hope you can visit mine too sometime.
    TC :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yikes! so expensive for my taste :( yeah, many good brands and cheaper too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The price is pretty scary for something that will go bad really quickly but can't deny how good it looks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Ahne: LOL! I remembered you every single time I saw Anna Sui in SG!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Hazel: yes, like Maybelline di ba?

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Kitten: I don't think I have the heart to throw this away afterwards... huhuhu

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Michelle: It is good in and out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Jenggay: Thanks! I'll visit your blog too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Luxe Staycations: Binondo Series - The Great Buddha, Curated Purchases from Eng Bee Tin, and Last Thoughts About Ramada

After buying a lot of stuff on the first floor, we headed upstairs to eat a light lunch. Mom was getting hungry. My son and I just ate, but we said that we will accompany her and will just order something light. 

All About Eyes

Lately I’m finding myself obsessed with skin care products, prevention in particular. I'm not getting younger and nobody likes lines and wrinkles, right? I should have done this in my early twenties but those were hard times and we didn’t have enough to support our daily lives, let alone vanity splurges. So now, I’m on hyper mode. I did not place any expectations on this product. I’ve had it with products claiming they can do this and that. I just tried the product thinking that if it works then great, if not then I’ll just find a new one. I wasn’t expecting a dramatic change but 2 weeks into using this product, I noticed that my under eye area has become lighter. The lines are also not as deep as they were before I used this product. I stopped using the Garnier eye products because I’m allergic to them so that means I’m not using any whitening products for that area. I am truly impressed with this product. I didn’t take a before and after photo as I wasn’t expecting this at ...

Alone Time

My good friend Kitten and I were supposed to go out yesterday but she had some unexpected things come up. I needed to buy some stuff as I am packing for a trip and so I went alone. I actually enjoy going out alone as much as going out with girlfriends or MB. It gives me a chance to eat whatever I like to eat and explore new restos. It’s also nice to take my time when shopping. After paying my bills, I had a late lunch at Toast Box: I love Hainanese Chicken. I sometimes cook this dish but it’s too tedious so I settle for eating out. I’m so happy that there are now restaurants that serve proper Hainanese Chicken. Well, except that one above was sooooo bloody. It was swimming in blood when I pulled the meat apart so I had it changed. You know what Gordon Ramsay says, bloody chicken is poisonous. This is the second time I ate at Toast Box and in both times, the chicken was so bloody. After lunch, I started shopping. First stop was Beabi where I bought these: The Sakura thermos on...